Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 08-28-2010, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I thought we all started lawn sprinkler companies because we were all going to fail drug tests
Old 08-28-2010, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepatsfan View Post
Back to the original topic. 72 people never made it to the border. That in itself is a victory.
That's cold man. These people had hopes, dreams, relatives,....
I just hope the thugs that killed them didn't say....

How's That Hopey Changey Thing Working For Ya?"
(I know very bad taste)
Old 08-28-2010, 09:46 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Somebody please tell me how you test a pothead? They are always going to have THC in their system. When are they stoned or not stoned? When they decide they aren't stoned? So if its legal do we let them drive buses? Operate heavy machinery? Perform open heart surgery? At least with alcohol you can test the person and hold them accountable.
This argument that "Well alcohol is legal so MJ should be too." Doesn't fly with me.
It's already here. Why not make some tax money on it and regulate it more. I am not gonna start smoking pot just because its legal. I had my fun when I was young. We have prescription drugs that people can take and do the same things. If a person is irresponsible they are irresponsible. They will do it whether it is legal or not. How many people drive buses or operate machinery on pain killers? How many of them smoke pot and do it, or drink? It doesn't matter if it's legal.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Drug laws and gun control, 2 things that dont work.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
Drug laws and gun control, 2 things that dont work.
True... I don't do illegal drugs (or drink on the job) because they impair my ability to operate heavy (any) machinery safely and it affects my brain to make sound decisions and exersise good judgement other than trying to participate on this forum since I'm usually hoisting a brew when I do.

Now a gun, we'll I got a couple because the guy who is coming into my house at 2 AM is not there for a social visit... he came to get shot dead, by me. I live a spitting distance away from the ghetto and all the jitterbugs and gangsta's and since you don't get rich robbing the poor...

Here's why the Swiss have such a low crime rate;

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/754.html
Old 08-29-2010, 06:30 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
I thought we all started lawn sprinkler companies because we were all going to fail drug tests
You could have passed if you had only studied.
Old 08-29-2010, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

"Dave's not here, man."
Old 08-29-2010, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
It's already here. Why not make some tax money on it and regulate it more. I am not gonna start smoking pot just because its legal. I had my fun when I was young. We have prescription drugs that people can take and do the same things. If a person is irresponsible they are irresponsible. They will do it whether it is legal or not. How many people drive buses or operate machinery on pain killers? How many of them smoke pot and do it, or drink? It doesn't matter if it's legal.
Libertarian philosophy which I happen to agree with BUT an employer should have the right to not hire anybody with THC or painkillers in their system. After an accident they should be tested and if painkillers or THC is in their system then they need to be held accountable. I've seen stories where the MJ legal crowd is moving to forbid employers testing for THC.

The bottom line is all you do is move the legal ramifications further up the line you don't eliminate them. Sooo in typical govt style they move the ramifications just beyond where they tax for the vice.

I seem to recall a story in which the cigarette makers were going to quit selling in NY because of all the headaches. NY realizing they'd lose boohoos of tax money threatened them somehow to keep selling in NY. The desperate search for tax money makes your well being secondary to the govt.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
72 people never made it to the border. That in itself is a victory.
Common on. You can't be serious.

These people were kidnapped and held for ransom. When the ransom was refused they were executed. (oops...sorry fimco already referred to this one. didn't read the last page).

Last edited by ARGOS; 08-29-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:16 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARGOS View Post
Common on. You can't be serious.

These people were kidnapped and held for ransom. When the ransom was refused they were executed. (oops...sorry fimco already referred to this one. didn't read the last page).
Bad joke and in bad taste. I feel sorry for them and their families and should not have said that. For the record. I was not serious. My apologies.