Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-04-2015, 09:39 PM
LawnSite Member

Godaddy for designing/SEO/ppc/get found ??

Is godaddy a good website designer and SEO program? I'm looking into website designers and advertising programs and I've landed on godaddy so far.. Any experience with them?
Old 04-05-2015, 01:29 AM
LawnSite Member

I would recommend bluehost. I switched from godaddy because the page loads were so slow. The guy helping with the technical part of my site recommended the switch. So far, so good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2015, 02:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am assuming that you are looking to use GoDaddy's site builder? Most with experience would tell you to walk, no run, the other way.

If you need a site builder, go with Squarespace and register your domain with Google Domains. The two work together very well.

If you are a little more savvy you could get a Wordpress theme and then customize it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-05-2015, 02:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

just a note, google domains isnt available in canada
not directed at the OP, just a general tidbit
Old 04-05-2015, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Member

I concur with the above comments - avoid GoDaddy. (We made the mistake of going with them when we started the business.) Go with a good host, Bluehost is fine, and personally I'm a fan of premium themes via Wordpress.
Old 04-05-2015, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Well I just contacted blue host and they seemed rude.... I was asking for designing and seo programs they told me the price and told me its a flat rate. Figured ok that's good but it only comes with 1 revision.. What if I don't like it? Not their problem lol
Old 04-05-2015, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Member

Try host gator. Do a quick search for premium theme and seo on youtube. I will say avoid getting into any seo deal unless you understand what you aiming at. Most premium theme are seo ready but may not rank high.

Last edited by Ovi; 04-05-2015 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:07 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida. View Post
Well I just contacted blue host and they seemed rude.... I was asking for designing and seo programs they told me the price and told me its a flat rate. Figured ok that's good but it only comes with 1 revision.. What if I don't like it? Not their problem lol
And what was that price?

I won't beat the dead horse that GoDaddy is almost as bad a choice as once can make. Headz gave great advice for a DIY route.

Now, re: the "SEO Tools" that these web hosts offer, you can also save your money. Without rehashing all the reasons why they suck, I can just tell you that, apples to apples, if you burst on the scene and say, "Hey, guys! I'm a new lawn care company and got a sweet GoDaddy web site + their SEO Turbo service, for $9/month!". If you're in my service area, I will chuckle and never think of you again. It's that inconsequential. So much so that I can't think of a single one that has come across my various keyword ranking radars. SEO takes a bit of learned skill and a fair amount of elbow grease. No automated "SEO Turbo Rank Whatever", starting at $2.69/month(!), add-on is going to give you that.

Now, if you're in a low to no competition area, it doesn't likely matter what you use. If there is more competition than available Page 1 ranking slots, you're going to need legitimate ammunition. If your budget is only a few bucks a month, I'd use squarespace and start reading about DIY SEO. We cover that all the time in here. Just search the archives and pay particular attention to review requests. They'll likely be applicable to your learning.
Old 04-05-2015, 12:19 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygreek View Post
And what was that price?

I won't beat the dead horse that GoDaddy is almost as bad a choice as once can make. Headz gave great advice for a DIY route.

Now, re: the "SEO Tools" that these web hosts offer, you can also save your money. Without rehashing all the reasons why they suck, I can just tell you that, apples to apples, if you burst on the scene and say, "Hey, guys! I'm a new lawn care company and got a sweet GoDaddy web site + their SEO Turbo service, for $9/month!". If you're in my service area, I will chuckle and never think of you again. It's that inconsequential. So much so that I can't think of a single one that has come across my various keyword ranking radars. SEO takes a bit of learned skill and a fair amount of elbow grease. No automated "SEO Turbo Rank Whatever", starting at $2.69/month(!), add-on is going to give you that.

Now, if you're in a low to no competition area, it doesn't likely matter what you use. If there is more competition than available Page 1 ranking slots, you're going to need legitimate ammunition. If your budget is only a few bucks a month, I'd use squarespace and start reading about DIY SEO. We cover that all the time in here. Just search the archives and pay particular attention to review requests. They'll likely be applicable to your learning.
Flat rate of 800$ to design with only 1 edit. Other companies offered around 1,000 for design and other offers with basically unlimited revisions till I accept. I never built a website before so I assume I'd take more then 1 edit for me to like it
Old 04-05-2015, 12:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Florida - hosting and design are two different things. Bluehost is my host, but they don't do any design or SEO work for us.

I can't speak to Squarespace, but if Tony and Headz say it's good, then it's good.