Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I would stick with one brand. If you are set on an exmark walk behind then get a exmark zero turn also. Jmo.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-27-2010, 07:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lugnut View Post
remember trailers usually aren't just for mowers...mulch, leaves, rented equipment might all have to go on there at some point in time, you can fit alot more on a 6' trailer than one thats only 5' wide for example
yeah i use the back of my truck for that kindof thing most of the time lol

i just cut the leaves with the mower...or blow them into a pile on the side of the road where the city workers come and pick them up for free...i don't haul them off
Old 08-27-2010, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
thanks for your help guys, i was thinking 52 ztr and 36 wb to have everything covered. i have learned alot just reading treads, again thanks guys
sounds like a good plan to me. good luck!
Old 08-27-2010, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoney7269 View Post
i mow alot of residential lawns, have 8 in one neighborhood. i dont have any large accounts, i just figured that the 36 tt hydro would last forever plus it fits through gates, right? sure beats my 21"airens. got lots of yards with gates i have 1600hrs on my mtd vanguard, i have put it through hell, imo, hydro is the only way i will ever go. where i live at all of the big accounts are taken by the two main companies in my town, but im hoping to grow. i live in texas, lots of hard to cut grasses down here, plus people are cheap sometimes and say "i think i can make it another week" etc. so whenever i get a ztr, i want something that im not gonna have to double cut. sometimes the grass is 12 inches tall, my 42" rider makes me work too hard

that's what is good about a ztr...you can vary the speed you are going depending on the height/thickness of the grass....for some reason people seem to think you have to go full throttle all the time...don't be in such a hurry all the time...i mean seriously...if a yard takes you 45 min instead of the usual 40 min what's the big deal?...lol...quality is more important than quantity...some people don't understand that though

anyways there's lots of brands of ztr's but look...they all pretty much have the same engines and such...kawasaki or kohler for the most part...a few hondas....if you cut huge yards that are 2 acres or more wide open grass it might be worth it to get a 60"-72" mower but most of us don't...so a 48"-54" is fine....personally i don't have any yards with small gates on them...most have the wide gates so i can fit through them fine...it all depends on the yards you cut....you may get a customer that has a small gate...then you gotta decide is their back yard small enough to just cut with a 21" mower or is it really big so i'm gonna need a 36" mower...it's up to you

Tags
exmark , new equipment , scag , ztr