Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 08-15-2002, 08:40 AM
LawnSite Member

ProVenture Invoices & Estimates is what I use and I highly recommend it. You can get it at anywhere like Staples or Office Depot. It runs around $30-40.

God Bless America, America will kick some as*!!!
Old 08-15-2002, 03:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

This has been asked before and there are always many suggestions to take the cheap route of $30-$40 programs. A few suggest a full accounting program. It is in my opinion a $30-$40 program is a false economy.

Whether you are doing this work as a sideline or fulltime, solo or with extra labor a full fledged accounting and payroll program will serve your needs best.

I personnally think that QuickBooks does it best after coming over from 16 years of DacEasy. Not only can it handle the billing easily but also paying your bills, tracking assets, payroll etc. It makes it easy to do your own book keeping. By organizing all expenses properly, income tax preparation is quick and easy for the accountant. I see my accountant once per year and present him with an itemized profit and loss statement, fill out a form he sends with the relevant personal info and a list of depreciable items and their costs that I purchased during the year.

My state and federal taxes including schedule C are prepared for a few hundred dollars and opposed to the many hundreds or even thousands that other spend using an invoice only method, boxes of loose records and check book registers or stubs.

Doing it my way saves me $$$$, makes desk time easier and simpler, gets the info I want and its alwasy at my fingertips.

I'm currently using QB Pro and QXpress for scheduling and life is better.
Old 08-15-2002, 04:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If You Are Part time CASH After the Mowing The Best Billing Yet. And It's Under 100$.
Old 08-15-2002, 05:45 PM

www.clip.com - great investment... routing, scheduling, job costing, billing, job costing....check them out
Old 08-16-2002, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Member

What is a good billing program

hey i believe that they integrated the qClip program with quickbooks depending on version purchased of CLIP.
Old 08-18-2002, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

As a CPA, and lawn service owner/partner my vote is Quickbooks Pro. Another good choice is Peachtree Accounting. Both are good and provide a complete small/med business financial package. I believe Peachtree Accounting First, which is adequate for a small business, can be had for less than $100.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Member

CLIP

QB is great software for what it does, and a lot of our clients use it. parkmaster is correct, we have integrated CLIP with QuickBooks. Current versions of CLIP include a customer import from QuickBooks (for current QB users who want to start using CLIP), and you can get an add-on that will do some more linking with QuickBooks to help with your accounting. I hope this is informative.