Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-24-2010, 06:39 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
HEY DMAN, how is it going in your jungle?

how is the leaf season and how is that navigator doing?
Things are very good here man! Leaves have been hectic which is good. Just sold the GMC dump finally. I love the Navigator for leaves, but I've found that I love the Scag for leaves too. I threw a set of gators on there and on big cleanups I will just go back and forth with it and send the leaves right to the road. It chops them up real nice and makes it easy to vac up. Just another weapon in the arsenal. lol Hows things with you?
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 11-24-2010, 10:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

great, almost done. we have a week of work after the thanksgiving holiday(which starts now for me as its rainy out today, yeah, 5 day weekend, ahahhaha) and then most likely be done. wehave one more round of leaves to pick up as they are not done dropping yet.

the leaf vac trailer is great and i much prefer to blow the leaves to the curb and suck them up than mow and bag! we are advertising for our curbside leaf pick up now, and are going to do flyers this weekend to target all those here who still thought that the city was going to come by and do it(city was so overwhelmed they decided to only do half the city one year and the other part year after that, so there are folks with piles out tothe curb that no noe is going to come and get. it is $$$$$$$$$$$ in my eyes!) but they are not. it has been a poorly run adventure by the city and keeps making our paid service look much more attractive as we offer "by appoinment" and not by chance which has perks of course.

i wish i had a dedicated leaf mower like a navigator or walker, but we use the accelerator baggers on all of our machines, kubota(the worst at deck blow out), toro, and everride. they do work well and are light though
Old 11-24-2010, 11:27 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'll have a piggyback vac for the v ride next spring (guy is working on a build). Anyone using an accel bagger should look at a piggybackvac as they have a lot more volume.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2010, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

What is a 'piggyback vac'?
Old 11-24-2010, 02:15 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNJ View Post
What is a 'piggyback vac'?
Www.piggyback-vac.com
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2010, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

pretty darn need invention, i assume you use you own backpack blower to complete it. it would be nice if they made a blower as part of the unit/package though.

i have to say, very cool.

problem is, i am switching to toro grandstands and that will not work on those. i dont use my current standers for leaves as they have too much leaf plowing to effectively suck them up. i do know that toro decks are wy better for this issue.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

This has been a really good thread! I am enjoying it. You guys have got me wanting to buy one, and I have got only exmarks..
Old 11-24-2010, 05:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
This has been a really good thread! I am enjoying it. You guys have got me wanting to buy one, and I have got only exmarks..
The Scags are very nice, but the Exmarks are no slouches. The V-Ride may have a few more features than the Vantage, but the Turf Tracer probably has the measure of the V-Pro.

Disclosure: I have a TT 60.

Sidebar: In the past, when using TT it was shorthand for Supra Twin Turbo.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I finally got to test out a 52'' V-ride today. I didnt get to take it home or cut any lawn, just buzzed it around the parking lot but from what i can tell already it was very comfortable. The hand positions were great for me. I really liked it and plan on taking it home this friday. He also told me he just got in a 2011 61'' vride still in the crate.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSInc View Post
I finally got to test out a 52'' V-ride today. I didnt get to take it home or cut any lawn, just buzzed it around the parking lot but from what i can tell already it was very comfortable. The hand positions were great for me. I really liked it and plan on taking it home this friday. He also told me he just got in a 2011 61'' vride still in the crate.
You will have to take some pix and make us all jealous.....