Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-24-2010, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
pretty darn need invention, i assume you use you own backpack blower to complete it. it would be nice if they made a blower as part of the unit/package though.

i have to say, very cool.

problem is, i am switching to toro grandstands and that will not work on those. i dont use my current standers for leaves as they have too much leaf plowing to effectively suck them up. i do know that toro decks are wy better for this issue.
Save an old backpack for it yes. He has them for standers now, grandstand and vride is being built over the winter I'm told.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-24-2010, 07:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That Piggyback is cool but has that homemade look to it. Looks like it does ok at sucking stuff up but not great. But the lack of a vacuum collection system would make a stander a hard choice for me.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
I'll have a piggyback vac for the v ride next spring (guy is working on a build). Anyone using an accel bagger should look at a piggybackvac as they have a lot more volume.
does using backpack blower more effective than debris impeller unit (pto or external driven) - or chosen for cost reduction or simplify build?
Attached Images

Old 11-24-2010, 10:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by demhustler View Post
does using backpack blower more effective than debris impeller unit (pto or external driven) - or chosen for cost reduction or simplify build?
WHAT IN THE WORLD
Old 11-24-2010, 10:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
WHAT IN THE WORLD
what part you can't understand or so confusing for you?
did you asked your guy who building it - blower better than impeller or just cheaper?
still can't understand?
Old 11-24-2010, 10:31 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
what part you can't understand or so confusing for you?
did you asked your guy who building it - blower better than impeller or just cheaper?
still can't understand?
I did not ask him anything!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I would like to see this in action...
Old 11-25-2010, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Simple to build, reduction of wear parts, cost factor and weight. It seems like an impellar lasts 2 years before the metal wears thin and a rock takes out a blade. This piggyback doesn't really have wear parts which is nice. The backpack should have umph to get leaves up the chute. If not I would get a scag deck blower housing and eveything would be fine but a tad wider and heavier.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2010, 08:57 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darryl gesner View Post
That Piggyback is cool but has that homemade look to it. Looks like it does ok at sucking stuff up but not great. But the lack of a vacuum collection system would make a stander a hard choice for me.
Trac vac and peco's all look homemade also but work fine. Being the only choice for a stand ons (besides trac vacs for some models) it hopefully either works or makes others build something better for stand ons.

I got my back up plan if the blower isn't enough, with the scag blower. Don't know if wright has one for their decks, guessing toro/exmark does.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-25-2010, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
great, almost done. we have a week of work after the thanksgiving holiday(which starts now for me as its rainy out today, yeah, 5 day weekend, ahahhaha) and then most likely be done. wehave one more round of leaves to pick up as they are not done dropping yet.

the leaf vac trailer is great and i much prefer to blow the leaves to the curb and suck them up than mow and bag! we are advertising for our curbside leaf pick up now, and are going to do flyers this weekend to target all those here who still thought that the city was going to come by and do it(city was so overwhelmed they decided to only do half the city one year and the other part year after that, so there are folks with piles out tothe curb that no noe is going to come and get. it is $$$$$$$$$$$ in my eyes!) but they are not. it has been a poorly run adventure by the city and keeps making our paid service look much more attractive as we offer "by appoinment" and not by chance which has perks of course.

i wish i had a dedicated leaf mower like a navigator or walker, but we use the accelerator baggers on all of our machines, kubota(the worst at deck blow out), toro, and everride. they do work well and are light though
Glad to hear your busy dude! That should work out really well for you with the curbside leaf pickup! I hope that makes you a ton of money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
This has been a really good thread! I am enjoying it. You guys have got me wanting to buy one, and I have got only exmarks..
I know! I'm glad this thread is still going. Usually I start a thread, it gets maybe 10 replies and is done in a day. This one has actually been productive! lol
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com