Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2012, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I put my 36 V-Ride on a diet. I removed the folding rider platform extension, the big cushion, and the two 35 lb weight plates under the front deck. It took about 80 lbs off the mower.

The only issues I've noticed is my guys have hot rodded around tree rings and beds with tight turn radius's and it shifted the weight to the outside tire and did make some ruts. I've told my two guys who weight 140-160 they can use it but my one guy who may go 200 must use my other walk behind. I've told everyone to slow down and walk the mower in tight spots. The V-Ride can be too fast for it's own good sometimes.

Services-AutoCAD Landscape Design & Install, Maintenance, Landscape Lighting, HD Holiday Lighting, Masonry (Stone, Block, Brick, and Stucco), & Arborist Work

Accreditations & Memberships- BBB, TNLA, TPCL 611373, & Class 1 Nurserymen.

Market Niche- High end residential.

-http://plantscapesolutions.net/
Old 03-10-2012, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantscapeSolutions View Post
I put my 36 V-Ride on a diet. I removed the folding rider platform extension, the big cushion, and the two 35 lb weight plates under the front deck. It took about 80 lbs off the mower.

The only issues I've noticed is my guys have hot rodded around tree rings and beds with tight turn radius's and it shifted the weight to the outside tire and did make some ruts. I've told my two guys who weight 140-160 they can use it but my one guy who may go 200 must use my other walk behind. I've told everyone to slow down and walk the mower in tight spots. The V-Ride can be too fast for it's own good sometimes.

Lol yeah I'm around 200 so... Buy I would slow down around trees and what not
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2012, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I mowed a few this week and will say the 61 is very very good on hills compared to most riders that I have used one hill I mow I have always slid a little this thing went up and down with no issues. But I will be trying the G6 Gators though. Those blades made a huge difference on every mower ive ever had since they came out a few yrs ago.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have to double cut just about every lawn i mow with my vride. will those blades help eliminate the need for that? i need a better dispersal than im getting currently. My side bagger fills up way too fast to even make it realistic to use, and im concerned a mulch kit wont work in the tall wet grass im surely going to be cutting this year. i would be thrilled if i could cut and not have to go over it again to hide clippings every time. it leaves rows of the cut turf and is very annoying.
Old 03-11-2012, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPSInc View Post
i have to double cut just about every lawn i mow with my vride. will those blades help eliminate the need for that? i need a better dispersal than im getting currently. My side bagger fills up way too fast to even make it realistic to use, and im concerned a mulch kit wont work in the tall wet grass im surely going to be cutting this year. i would be thrilled if i could cut and not have to go over it again to hide clippings every time. it leaves rows of the cut turf and is very annoying.

Dang man u make me not want to get one now... I've been looking at the toro grandstand ... The good thing is I don't have any hills in LA so that's a plus
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2012, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
You might be able to use some of the suggestions from this thread.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=351373
Old 03-11-2012, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

thanks i read that thread about an hour ago. when i go back to my dealer to check out the 36'' WB im looking to buy im guna chat em up on different blade options. I see pics with other guys discharging tall grass and it looks perfect the first time around. mine pukes it out the side. i love the mower but double cutting everything is ruining my chances at nice lines. and a new account i just picked up has me worried because i really need it to look nice and dont want to drive all over it again to hide the grass clippings its leaving in a row. im thinking maybe taking the mower flap off or tie it back to help with dispersal? but im guna look into adjusting that front baffle (never moved its position since i bought it) and definately looking into some different blades
Old 03-11-2012, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
What size do you own? My 48" has no cut issues. I don't here many people needing to double cut with a scag.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2012, 12:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have the 52" and i don't have to double cut anything really. All my lawns are cut at 3 or 3.5 it looks great after the first cut.
Gravely 34z w/ bagger
Toro Commercial 21"
Redmax EBZ-7500
Redmax 3060 TS
Stihl BR 600 Magnum
Stihl FS-110 R (2)
Mclane edger

-Full time student
-19 years old.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:35 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
What size do you own? My 48" has no cut issues. I don't here many people needing to double cut with a scag.
Posted via Mobile Device
It seems those cutting with the discharge chute down are having clipping issues.