Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-15-2010, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by demhustler View Post

if praising it - all you want to hear wan to hear ... -

here's your major and following flaws:

"After just a few days I took the 80 lbs of weight bolted under the front of the mower, the big pad, and the fold down platform extension.
I just wish the operating controls were pushed forward about 8" so the operators weight could be forward of the axle area a little bit more....

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=56

looks like it's not a "a VERY good engineered standon:" after all?
inability to balance it right from the beginning - adding and carrying a dead weight, far from COG - would turn me off from the start

but well, if praise scag engineers - your way to go... good, may be next time they'll add you more dead weight...
Quote:
can someone answer?
Quote:
G., what your likes/ dislikes?
Quote:
on toro grandstand (and exmark) standing position even farther back (sentar sitting position too) - so, how scag in comparison;
also - how forward position on feris evo feels compare to all above?
Quote:
what was differences exactly in holding hill? (lets just try to find out)

tire size, mower weight, hp, deck size - comparable? (traction on tires about the same)?

when it start go nose down - which machine easier to straighten up bask?
simple test for hillside stability: which one have more traction on tires (and control) going uphill backwards? (or which one will loose traction first?)
Quote:
"Faster turns" - is it size matter or does same size(weight) ztr would turn slower than stendon? does sitting or standing makes the difference?

----------
how scag compares to other standons and riders in regard of turf damage on turns? (u-turns, pivot,3-point turns, etc)
With the risk of sounding like a smarta**, (I'm really not trying to be) Maybe a demo would be the best thing for you. Very few guys on here have experience with the V-Ride, Grandstand, Vantage, Wright, Ferris Evo, etc., etc. to give you a full comparisons

Also dude...there's a multi quote button to the right of the quote button.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 10-15-2010, 12:38 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

It holds hills well. As well as a Turf Tiger and they do well.

The cool non productive thing on the V ride is that I can currently ride a 20ft wheelie with one. I about 220lbs so that helps out but it powers up easy if you try. The neat thing with doing wheelie's is the operator platform stops you from flipping over. It drags and acts as a wheelie bar.

DLAWNS, demhustler likes asking questions until he finds a negative about a Scag. The one quote of the guy removing parts (knee pad, weights, etc) also said everything he buys he needs to change something. So the guy likes to mess with stuff, doesn't mean the mower is wrong.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:11 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
It holds hills well. As well as a Turf Tiger and they do well.

The cool non productive thing on the V ride is that I can currently ride a 20ft wheelie with one. I about 220lbs so that helps out but it powers up easy if you try. The neat thing with doing wheelie's is the operator platform stops you from flipping over. It drags and acts as a wheelie bar.

DLAWNS, demhustler likes asking questions until he finds a negative about a Scag. The one quote of the guy removing parts (knee pad, weights, etc) also said everything he buys he needs to change something. So the guy likes to mess with stuff, doesn't mean the mower is wrong.
Haha...nice job with the wheelie! lol

Demhustler- why the hatin for the Scag? Just wonderin.... why don't you just buy a Hustler stand on unit? oh wait, they don't have one...lol just messin with ya.
11 years experience
www.standforstrength.com
Old 10-15-2010, 11:51 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLAWNS View Post

Demhustler- why the hatin for the Scag? Just wonderin.... why don't you just buy a Hustler stand on unit? oh wait, they don't have one...lol just messin with ya.
Demhustler questions everything. He's done it on the BB and Hustler Super Z threads too. Just his way I guess.

Good luck with the Vride. looks like a great machine!

Last edited by mbrew; 10-15-2010 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-15-2010, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a mulch kit on there v-ride? Just wondering how the cut looks on the 36 & 48. Thinking about one for spring
Old 10-16-2010, 04:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

thanks god they don't ... it took them 7 years to change pin size, 10 years for antiscalp rollers...

- i'm not messin' with ya - if they will - i would stronly recommend to consider it - just give them about only 7-10 years of production to work out bugs; it would "set standard for industry"- as superZ, performance on the field will be outstanding; (buy 2 - one will be on the field, one on repair shop)
Old 10-16-2010, 05:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
With the risk of sounding like a smarta**, (I'm really not trying to be) Maybe a demo would be the best thing for you. Very few guys on here have experience with the V-Ride, Grandstand, Vantage, Wright, Ferris Evo, etc., etc. to give you a full comparisons

Also dude...there's a multi quote button to the right of the quote button.
that's why this discussion; many people, many opinions - better picture

not many have opportunity to compare all above - or race them side by side;
even if i could - it would be only my opinion - but i'm asking here opinion of others;
if you want to win the race - you looking where you win, where you loose, where strong, where week points, why, what the reason, what can be done, what'll work, what not

most of us- not for particular brand, but for better mower,
to make you carry a dead weight on the front to fix weight distribution problem (counterweights) - is a sloppy design, good for quick fix on the field, for lowering production costs, but poor engineering solution

praise the lord scag - will only help them to do sloppier job and get away with it; would lower standards for industry and other oem...
Old 10-16-2010, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
that's why this discussion; many people, many opinions - better picture

not many have opportunity to compare all above - or race them side by side;
even if i could - it would be only my opinion - but i'm asking here opinion of others;
if you want to win the race - you looking where you win, where you loose, where strong, where week points, why, what the reason, what can be done, what'll work, what not

most of us- not for particular brand, but for better mower,
to make you carry a dead weight on the front to fix weight distribution problem (counterweights) - is a sloppy design, good for quick fix on the field, for lowering production costs, but poor engineering solution

praise the lord scag - will only help them to do sloppier job and get away with it; would lower standards for industry and other oem...
You post as you know more than them, which I doubt greatly. You ask for opinions then say they are wrong when the guy running them says it's good. For the extra weight mowers need a certain weight not to slide also. To little weight the mower slides instead of grips. Width is the same way on my super z it would slide even though it was wider compared to the tt. The tt held the hill better even though it was skinner and weighed more. You need a bit more experience on different mowers to actuall understand what works. You can't just say they added weight and that is bad. Maybe they wanted the platform to stop flipping backward? Maybe the front weight helped the front track better.

How many mowers have came to market with breakdowns happening? And the v ride has not had issues. But to you that have not put hours on one say it's crap? Sorry you are full of bs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-16-2010, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
You post as you know more than them, which I doubt greatly. You ask for opinions then say they are wrong when the guy running them says it's good. For the extra weight mowers need a certain weight not to slide also. To little weight the mower slides instead of grips. Width is the same way on my super z it would slide even though it was wider compared to the tt. The tt held the hill better even though it was skinner and weighed more. You need a bit more experience on different mowers to actuall understand what works. You can't just say they added weight and that is bad. Maybe they wanted the platform to stop flipping backward? Maybe the front weight helped the front track better.

How many mowers have came to market with breakdowns happening? And the v ride has not had issues. But to you that have not put hours on one say it's crap? Sorry you are full of bs.
Posted via Mobile Device
i see: sorry but you have no idea (too dumb to understand?) what been sed in my post
Old 10-16-2010, 06:39 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
i see: sorry but you have no idea (too dumb to understand?) what been sed in my post
Or maybe I do see your point but disagree. You are the type of person who would complain about being hung with a new rope (because its itchy) even though it does the job at hand.
Posted via Mobile Device