Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-02-2010, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Redhawk Mowers

Hi Everyone,
I just became a member of this forum but wanted to discuss some info about redhawk mowers. I have read in the past forums that redhawk mower were cheap and unreliable. I own six of them as well as 12 Scag and 8 Standers. They Perform great for a walk behind. Some points. They share common parts with Scag and made in the same standards as Scag. The only issue i've had is with the engine. They come with kohler 15 which are the worst engine on the market. I replaced all mine to Kawi and they all run perfect. just my opinion but for the money they work very well.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:23 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvenuto View Post
Hi Everyone,
I just became a member of this forum but wanted to discuss some info about redhawk mowers. I have read in the past forums that redhawk mower were cheap and unreliable. I own six of them as well as 12 Scag and 8 Standers. They Perform great for a walk behind. Some points. They share common parts with Scag and made in the same standards as Scag. The only issue i've had is with the engine. They come with kohler 15 which are the worst engine on the market. I replaced all mine to Kawi and they all run perfect. just my opinion but for the money they work very well.
I'm not dogging redhawk, but if you replaced all the motors to kawi, would'nt that shoot the cost up an extra 800-1200 bucks, and lose all reason to go with a lower cost mower??
Old 09-03-2010, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Post a picture of all 26 of your mowers, you must have a huge operation!
Old 09-25-2010, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Just the lack of local parts suppliers and a place to do warranty work would scare most people away. Way too many companies trying to make cheap bargain mowers now a days. If the companies go belly up your SOL when you need parts.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:04 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Yep, that Redhawk purchase was a real money saving way to go.
What a deal. Mower @ $2200 and new engine @$1200. Lets see. I believe that makes the total investment/ machine at somewhere around $3400.
Gee, couldn't we buy a top quality machine, with dealer support for warranty and parts, for that, or even LESS??
Way to go there. Tell us about your other money saving deals.
Old 09-26-2010, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Which parts do your Chinese commie mower share with Scag. Part numbers please.

Old 09-26-2010, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Power to you, its a global world, and a global economy. There is a reason outsourcing has skyrocketed recently, just look at america, everyone wants to do the least work for the most money, or spend the least money for the "best" products.

Think about it, if you were hiring employees, and you found an essentially limitless supply of laborers who would actually work, and work hard, for minimum wage, would you pay them more just for the hell of it?

Also i dont doubt that almost all mowers on the market have plenty of parts in common, or at least a close enough fit. Another point is that some people are really good with maintenance and dont need a dealer to do everything for them...
Old 09-26-2010, 07:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy852 View Post
its a global world, and a global economy.
That's the problem with a lot of young people these days. They've had it way too easy and fail to realize the implications of letting the communists run the show. The Chech president just gave an emphatic NO to the idea of your New World Order.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:21 PM
LawnSite Member

Globalization is in no way "letting the communists run the show." Outsourcing jobs is believe it or not capitalism at its finest!
Old 09-26-2010, 07:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnboy852 View Post
Globalization is in no way "letting the communists run the show." Outsourcing jobs is believe it or not capitalism at its finest!
Do you, in some way, fashion or form, really believe that China is going to want to share the power once they become the number 1 economy in a few years. Communism cannot function properly in a free world and they don't call it Red China for nothing.