Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-07-2010, 07:46 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Or you could just buy pre-built swing risers and save yourself the hassle.
screw the swing joints for a lawn system. Get some funny pipe http://www.toro.com/sprinklers/pipes/pipe/53186.html that's all we use up here in the North East, and it's so much easier and faster. Swing joints are for Golf Courses. If you don't know what they have for water get yourself a 5 gallon bucket and go to an outside faucet and time how long it takes to fill the bucket. That will give you an idea on what they have GPM. If you have 10 gallon's a min. then you can get 5 to 6 heads on a zones ,depending on what nozzle you use. As someone else said spray heads put out tons of water and there is no way your going to get that many spray on one zone.

PM me if you have any questions as I've been doing this kind of work for 19 years, Golf and Residential.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:50 AM
LawnSite Member

Instead of using sprays for that parking area check out the MP Rotators by Hunter http://www.hunterindustries.com/products/mprotator/ You can get more MP's on one zone then Spray's. They make Strip Nozzle's and End Strip's
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireguy97 View Post
It's not much time, but 10 seconds for the tee, ten seconds for the head, 20 seconds x 135 heads actually works out to 45 minutes. Now add all of the extra time starting and stopping 135 times for each head gettind the parts rather than doing it as a production line.
Don't know about you, but personally I would never screw on a body without first flushing the line, especially with sprinklers that have built in basket filters and/or ones the have a PRS or SAM .... but you are right ... we all have our own methods.
Old 09-07-2010, 10:31 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartanimal29 View Post
screw the swing joints for a lawn system. Get some funny pipe http://www.toro.com/sprinklers/pipes/pipe/53186.html that's all we use up here in the North East, and it's so much easier and faster.
I disagree.

Bet you any amount of money I can easily install 3 of these to your 1 funny pipe.

I do agree however that funny pipe has its (limited) uses.

Quote:
Swing joints are for Golf Courses.
That is pure nonsense.

Quote:
f you have 10 gallon's a min. then you can get 5 to 6 heads on a zones ,depending on what nozzle you use. As someone else said spray heads put out tons of water and there is no way your going to get that many spray on one zone.
Come on man .... really? First you say it depends on the nozzle, then you say that many can't be done with sprays. Make up your mind.

No consideration for dynamic pressure?

FYI, I could easily do 6 sprays with the appropriate nozzle at 10 GPM assuming dynamic pressure is acceptable.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post

Come on man .... really? First you say it depends on the nozzle, then you say that many can't be done with sprays. Make up your mind.

No consideration for dynamic pressure?

FYI, I could easily do 6 sprays with the appropriate nozzle at 10 GPM assuming dynamic pressure is acceptable.
OK I should have said you can get 5 to 6 rotors on a zone if you have 10 gpm. I didn't mean 5 to 6 sprays. I'm done now as I'm not going to turn this into a pissing match.