Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-04-2010, 08:08 PM
LawnSite Member

Wright Stander what?

Ok so I was GIVEN a Wright Stander mower. What I do know is it cuts grass like no ones business. Other then that I cant find very much about it.... I think the model number is 4317kav? and the serial is 11769?? and its a 48" mower with a Kawasaki engine and the oil filter is PF1233 (ac delco) filter. Someone please give me some information on this mower!!! Thanks for your time!
Old 09-04-2010, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It appears that you have the model number wrong. I believe that it would be a 4817kaw.

The 48 indicates a 48" deck. The 17 indicates a 17hp engine and the kaw indicates a Kawasaki engine.

What else do you want to know?

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 09-04-2010, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

That is super helpful thanks! I guess I was wondering when types of accessories there is and if anyone knows of an owners manual. Thanks again for your help!
Old 09-06-2010, 10:32 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can find an owners manual online at www.wrightmfg.com. They have a list of their accessories there as well.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 09-06-2010, 11:34 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PTP View Post
You can find an owners manual online at www.wrightmfg.com. They have a list of their accessories there as well.
Guess they dropped the manual since the mower is older.

Does anyone know if this was suppose to be an electric start? Right now when I want to run it I turn the key to start and pull the string on the engine. If I turn the key to run it shuts the mower off. Thanks again for everyone's help.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soustek View Post
Guess they dropped the manual since the mower is older.

Does anyone know if this was suppose to be an electric start? Right now when I want to run it I turn the key to start and pull the string on the engine. If I turn the key to run it shuts the mower off. Thanks again for everyone's help.
No, they only make one sticker for the dashboard area. Your key position only has off/on as opposed to off/on/start.

KAW is recoil start. KAWE is electric start. KAWRE is recoil and electric start.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:15 PM
LawnSite Member

O Ok thanks. Do you know of a parts list for this mower, it seems that wright doesn't have much involving this model anymore.
Old 09-08-2010, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would bet that the parts are mostly the same. What in particular are you looking for?

You might just call the dealer and ask them. They might even give you the parts numbers or you could save the hassle and just buy what you need from the dealer.

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 09-08-2010, 06:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Well I am missing a spacer that goes on the front wheel the lower the deck and the black plastic wing nut ("thingy") that's on the top of the deck. Also need new blades but i'm not sure which ones would be best to purchase for mowing about 10 1/2 acre yards weekly.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

If the space is c shaped then they have not changed. Just order one. The blade that will probably work best will be a 16 1/2" high lift blade. Get 6 so you have an extra set.
Posted via Mobile Device