Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-06-2010, 07:01 PM
LawnSite Member

Looking for new commercial zero turn

Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the site. I've been searching for a new commercial mower as my other zero turn is losing power, and have come across a Scag Tiger Cub 60'' 25hp Kohler with 60 hrs. (demo) for $6800. Thought I'd ask if you all thought this was a good deal or whether I should continue searching. I'm hoping not to spend over $7-7500 in my purchase. If you think I should continue searching for a better deal, any suggestions?
Old 09-06-2010, 07:19 PM
LawnSite Member

bUY IT. Just make sure you get full warrenty
Old 09-06-2010, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Member

dealer said warranty starts the day I purchase it. They'll change the oil, sharpen the blades, and provide full tank of gas.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Member

That was one of the mowers i was considering back in the spring. Sounds like a decent deal on a very good mower. I would feel good about that one i think.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-06-2010, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManClout View Post
Hey guys, I'm pretty new to the site. I've been searching for a new commercial mower as my other zero turn is losing power, and have come across a Scag Tiger Cub 60'' 25hp Kohler with 60 hrs. (demo) for $6800. Thought I'd ask if you all thought this was a good deal or whether I should continue searching. I'm hoping not to spend over $7-7500 in my purchase. If you think I should continue searching for a better deal, any suggestions?

If you have a Bad Boy dealer close to you I suggest giving the 31 hp Kawi BB Outlaw a demo. $7499 new. You could probably get a better price being the end of the season. Much heavier made, faster, and adjustable front lip on the deck for different cutting conditions. Open access with patented swing away fuel tanks to parts for easier maintenance and repairs.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:54 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Are you new to cutting, how many accounts do you have, what size lots do you have and what equipment are you running now?
10Ft Dump Trailer
12Ft Leaf Box Billy Goat
60" Exmark Lazer Z
52" Hustler Mini Z
44" Toro Z Master
36" Bunton WB
21" Honda WB
Redmax & Stihl Handhelds
Bunch of other crap!!
Old 09-06-2010, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyFarmLandscaping View Post
If you have a Bad Boy dealer close to you I suggest giving the 31 hp Kawi BB Outlaw a demo. $7499 new. You could probably get a better price being the end of the season. Much heavier made, faster, and adjustable front lip on the deck for different cutting conditions. Open access with patented swing away fuel tanks to parts for easier maintenance and repairs.
Bad boy mowers dont even come close to a scag. Bad boy's are ok mowers, but they are not a scag. You dont see any of the large lawn maintenace companies in the US running bad boys. I know the the manager of the Ohio's Brickman group and they have tried them all and they only run, scag,walker,toro, and exmark. I look at what the big boys are running, they mow more lawns then anyone and beat the crap out of there mowers, everyday.
Maybe if bad boy sticks around as long as the big boys, they will earn respect.

I know everyone who owns a bad boy is going to jump on the soap box. Go for it. I love it.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Member

How much for a 72" outlaw?
Old 09-06-2010, 09:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeslawnlandscapeohio View Post
Bad boy mowers dont even come close to a scag. Bad boy's are ok mowers, but they are not a scag. You dont see any of the large lawn maintenace companies in the US running bad boys. I know the the manager of the Ohio's Brickman group and they have tried them all and they only run, scag,walker,toro, and exmark. I look at what the big boys are running, they mow more lawns then anyone and beat the crap out of there mowers, everyday.
Maybe if bad boy sticks around as long as the big boys, they will earn respect.

I know everyone who owns a bad boy is going to jump on the soap box. Go for it. I love it.
I just traded in my last of 3 Scag mowers for Badboy mowers. It all comes down to dealer support and the company support. I had problems with 2 of my 3 Scags with poor dealer support, and couldn't even get a call back from Scag. I have a great dealer for the Badboys, and the company actually has a person that answers the phone who then transfers you to the person who handles your question not an automated never ending recording. Then the mowers are 2 to 3k cheaper apples to apples comparison. Not an automated never ending recording. I only run 2 trucks with crews. I guess Scag is two busy taking care of Brinkman, Valley Crest etc to deal with small guys like me. Oh well......explans why Badboy sold more 60" Ztr's than any other company last year.

I know Toro, Exmark, Scag has special lease programs etc for the big companies. The companies just take whoever gives them the best deal that year according to a friend of mine who is on his own now that used to be a crew leader for Valley Crest in Dallas.
Old 09-06-2010, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrplowcjc View Post
How much for a 72" outlaw?
I think it is a couple of hundred more. I will PM Retrodog and have him reply back with an exact price.