Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-10-2010, 01:28 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

FL organic yards and a great truck

I had to share some pictures Landscapes in Paradise sent us, I have been to some of their properties...WOW! is all I can say, most of them are gated

these guys had the coldest winter in 100 years and they were very afraid how they would perform this year, I think they did pretty well

The only thing applied this year was tea (ours)
Attached Images

Old 09-10-2010, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, great looking lawns and I love the truck! Little tough to read the name, but I'm sure that truck is well known.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

there was no hard frost on that first property, otherwise the coconut palm would be history Probably south of the hard frosts or protected from water (canals or beachfront home) around the house. Nice property though and great truck.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:31 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Bill,
Any idea how that truck is set up? Sprayer size/type?
Old 09-11-2010, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I will ask, I have never looked in the back, he uses mostly a modified ride on, here is what he sent me when I asked

I purchased a Toro Grand Stand and fitted it with 3 separate tanks totaling 65 gallons capacity with the ability to spray 3 different mixes at the same time. It's also fitted with a removable electric spreader. It features 9 independently operating valves and 2 spools holding 100' of hose. I'm still working out some bugs. However, yesterday my tech provided fertilizer, insect control, to a 3 acre resort property with 2,400 ln/ft of planting beds, and over 100 palms and citrus trees in less than 2 1/2 hours

I have already asked him for pictures
Old 09-11-2010, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-landscapes View Post
there was no hard frost on that first property, otherwise the coconut palm would be history Probably south of the hard frosts or protected from water (canals or beachfront home) around the house. Nice property though and great truck.
They are just north of naples and do many properties on the islands there so yes they were surrounded by water in most cases

50 degrees is freezing for these folks, they get out the mink coats when it goes below 60
Old 09-14-2010, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

that is a great truck

I want one
Old 09-14-2010, 11:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Bill you know good and well that you can get a 2 year coast of just what is locked up in an over-managed soil with almost any tea
Old 09-15-2010, 09:27 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
Bill you know good and well that you can get a 2 year coast of just what is locked up in an over-managed soil with almost any tea
shush your mouth girl ...... don't piss all over the boys anecdotal evidence.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:45 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Gary Campbell, Owner and Spokesman for the company said: "Margo & I moved to Longboat Key in 1991and soon considered it our home. We share the concerns, that many in our community have, over Nitrogen run-off into our waterways. Iíve worked in the property maintenance business for 20 years and always used Chemical Fertilizers. While I agree that recent advances in controlled-release technology can provide a much safer Chemical Fertilizer, thereís no question that the industry is heading in the direction of using more Natural products. Iíve just completed a year-long study of many Natural products available to us. Iím very confident in our ability to provide high quality turf and ornamentals using these fine Natural products."

"The fundamentals of Natural feedings are very different from that of Chemical Fertilizers. Chemical Fertilizers feed the plant directly and the plants become dependant on this manner of feeding. This lessons the need for the plant to grow deep roots. For the most part, our soil is quite poor and Chemical Fertilizers actually diminish soil quality over time. Natural products improve the soil by adding living micro-organisms and beneficial fungal populations. This profoundly affects the soils biology and provides the plant with a more favorable environment. Over time the soil becomes richer and root systems become stronger."
Bill that's the kind of hog wash that keeps the chem guys in biz. great just what organics needs. and any ways what in the jug tea came from outdoors anyways.......... F products!!!!! then he would not be dependant on BS