Register free!


Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #51  
Old 09-11-2010, 11:05 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,701
Quote:
Originally Posted by irritation View Post

If it gets to the nozzle, it's getting too far.
Wondered about that myself. Strainer at the bottom of those I-2os I believe.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 09-11-2010, 11:17 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,574
I'd rather it get to the nozzle, so the crew can spot it and clean it when they're doing the walk-thru. I've never used filters on spray heads, and had the guys keep a close eye out on the gear drives, especially Stream-Rotors, which have a very cool filter basket. Again, it's visual; the crew ( mostly the owner) has to pay attention to the operating performance of the system.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 09-11-2010, 11:25 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 7,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
I'd rather it get to the nozzle, so the crew can spot it and clean it when they're doing the walk-thru. I've never used filters on spray heads, and had the guys keep a close eye out on the gear drives, especially Stream-Rotors, which have a very cool filter basket. Again, it's visual; the crew ( mostly the owner) has to pay attention to the operating performance of the system.
now you're talking specialty work and it's got me written all over it.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 09-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
now you're talking specialty work and it's got me written all over it.
No pun intended, geez, we gots to be careful these days with so many possible alienation's. Nice hat, thanks, my friend.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 09-11-2010, 11:48 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 40,674
So what do you clowns employ to cover plantings when you have to maximize coverage on low pressure? On your best day you won't do better than to use maxipaws.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 09-11-2010, 11:51 PM
1idejim's Avatar
1idejim 1idejim is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: State of Jefferson
Posts: 7,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
No pun intended, geez, we gots to be careful these days with so many possible alienation's. Nice hat, thanks, my friend.
nobody laughs harder at me,

you're welcome, wear it in good health
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 09-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
So what do you clowns employ to cover plantings when you have to maximize coverage on low pressure? On your best day you won't do better than to use maxipaws.
pffffffffffffffffffffft
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 09-12-2010, 12:15 AM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
So what do you clowns employ to cover plantings when you have to maximize coverage on low pressure? On your best day you won't do better than to use maxipaws.
Some of us re-zone and use sprays or Stream Rotors. I've seen tree and shrub bark torn to pieces by impacts.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 09-12-2010, 12:16 AM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 40,674
It's pond water, chuckles - no drip - no high pressure pumps - no head-to-head spacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by some guy chugging Arizona merlot
some of us rezone
you don't get the job on account of the nice people have a budget
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 09-12-2010, 12:35 AM
Mike Leary's Avatar
Mike Leary Mike Leary is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cactus Hug, Arizona
Posts: 20,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
It's pond water, chuckles - no drip - no high pressure pumps - no head-to-head spacing

you don't get the job on account of the nice people have a budget
I did, you must have a different market; or attitude? i got a ton of re-do jobs because I SOLD it! Boiler plate specs, meeting with the clients, explaining what we were doing, our warranty. 90% of those clients are still ours 30 years later.

Last edited by Mike Leary; 09-12-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.

Page generated in 0.09402 seconds with 8 queries