Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-11-2010, 09:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

9/11 remembered

i have mixed feelings and won't go political.

to those that lost loved ones, my condolences.

to those that chose public safety as a duty and fell in the line, my hats off to you, you did your jobs.....
Attached Images

Old 09-11-2010, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Half the country wants to pretend it never happened.
The other half know it happened.
Old 09-11-2010, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I just came back from my sons school where they had 9/11 commemorative put on by the JROTC which he is in. They had a bag pipe guy playing and they did Taps for each of the attacks. Lastly they had a local officer that was at Ground Zero when the attack took place who spoke about his experiences and the loss of 2 of his good friends...I have to say I got all choked up, and feelings wise, I am a tough dude...it takes a lot for me to get like that.

May we never forget all who lost their lives in this tragedy.

If I can shrink the video down small enough I'll post it on the web for all to see. I will also post some pictures later.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-11-2010, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1idejim View Post
i have mixed feelings and won't go political.

to those that lost loved ones, my condolences.

to those that chose public safety as a duty and fell in the line, my hats off to you, you did your jobs.....

I appreciate you not going political... there are other Lawnsite forums expressly for that.

I commend the commitment of those who responded, mourn with the families of those who were lost, and hope for a future where these kinds of acts happen less often, if at all.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have the video compressed from 1.5gb down to 115mb if anyone cares to see it. If not I won't bother up loading it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-11-2010, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

In Remembrance of All that were lost and of their Families.
Attached Images

Old 09-12-2010, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Here is the video I wrote about yesterday. It's about 18 minutes long, but I thought it was a good speech and worth the time, though I accidentally rotated the camera away from the speakers view. I will post pictures later.

http://vimeo.com/14894145

"A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."
Old 09-12-2010, 12:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I watched about 90 minutes of 9/11 amateur videos last night on the History Channel and literally got sick to my stomach. Seeing the firemen going into the buildings while knowing the danger they faced........such courage and dedication........ And seeing people jumping from the building.......... And the fear of the people after it was realized that this wasn't an accident......

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
Old 09-12-2010, 12:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

It is stunning. I can't watch it without my stomach churning. Islamic fanatics would do that again in a heartbeat. If only 1% of muslims are fanatics that still means 1.6 million people. Only takes one fanatic to kill thousands. They'll never change.
Old 09-12-2010, 02:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Watched inside 9/11 this morning. Obviously it remains the most chilling series of events in my lifetime, so many images that will forever be burned in everyone's brain. Still remember that morning vividly when the first plane crashed and everyone thought it was the fault of pilot error only to find out 15 minutes later this just became very serious. From watching "inside 9/11" and revisiting that time, countless things we will never forget, but two of which that still seem surreal..

1) President Bush talking to a class of elementary school children, suddenly you see a secret service agent walk over and whisper in his ear "a 2nd plane just hit the 2nd tower, this is no accident, we are under attack". The look on his face and the immediate few seconds of utter disbelief. All politics aside, that was probably the most heavy moment the president of our country has encountered since pearl harbor.

2) In the pile of debris in the towers the following day, the cameras are rolling and you can hear countless chirps and beeping like crickets all over at night. Turns out those are the locator devices of the firemen going off buried under the rubble. That makes the heart sink.