Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 09-12-2010, 11:53 PM
LawnSite Member

How to gather local addresses?

I've purchased a mailing list in the past, but I'd like to find a better way.

The mailing list I bought was great and has been useful, but I need to zero in a bit tighter. Picking up an entire zip code isn't good enough. I need to get mailing addresses for certain neighborhoods in a small town.

Any ideas?

I prefer direct mail over door hangers and flyers.
Old 09-13-2010, 12:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Man you saved me a post. Wanting to get some info on this also. I would think you could get better results also if you could do what u are describing. Zone in on newly built houses ect.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-13-2010, 01:54 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia Lawn Works LLC View Post
Man you saved me a post. Wanting to get some info on this also. I would think you could get better results also if you could do what u are describing. Zone in on newly built houses ect.
Posted via Mobile Device
You can probly do newly built homes with a mailing list.

I've got to focus on a very small area around my home. trying to cut out as much travel as possible.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:29 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Go speak with your neighborhood trustee. I did this when I was first starting out and he gave me a printout that had every subdivision in the zip code as well as the contact (usually neighborhood trustee).
Old 09-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Sponsor

The most cost effective list is the OCCUPANT LIST. You can do a radius by miles or number of records around a specific address. I can provide a report that will give you information on each carrier route in a zip code. It will breakdown the number of homes, apartments, trailers, PO Boxes & businesses in a route. Also the average income, home value, age & % with children in the home per route. It is free to provide a count report for you so if you'd like to email me the address you are trying to stay close to - I could send you a count report for say a 2 mile radius and you could weed out routes that include lots of apartment or low average home values or income levels. There are also CONSUMER lists which cost a little more per record and per piece in postage but it really helps narrow down your direct mail campaign and eliminate people who will most likely not need your service.

Here are links to three blogs I wrote a while back about mailing lists and how they effect your postage etc. as well as information about types of mailing lists. You may find it helpful. We sell mailing lists to our customers as we are a full design, print and mailing house. You should also check out our 9x6 full color post cards for $0.26 INCLUDING POSTAGE - go to our website or email me if you want more info.

DIRECT MAIL
http://adeasprinting.blogspot.com/20...rect-mail.html

BUSINESS MAILING LISTS

http://adeasprinting.blogspot.com/20...ing-lists.html

CONSUMER MAILING LISTS
http://adeasprinting.blogspot.com/20...ing-lists.html

If you have any questions please give me a call or email.
Robin Christopherson
Adeas Printing
866-778-4254 (ext 212)
robin@adeasprinting.com