Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-14-2010, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLS-Tx View Post
Why would he want to pay the dealer to pick it up if this dealer has already worked on it and did not fix the problem. ...
Your question makes too much sense !!
2010 LESCO 48" Stand-On
2008 LESCO 36" Hydro WB
2008 Quick 36" Samurai Dually WB
Old 09-14-2010, 11:50 PM
LawnSite Member

"A few weeks" includes bringing the problem to their attention, them convincing us to drive out to pick up the replacement cap, coming back and finding the problem still exists, convincing them to pick up the mower, them picking up the mower, "fixing" it, bringing it back, only to still have the same problem as well as a new one (or perhaps an extension of the original).
Old 09-15-2010, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars777 View Post
Yes, I get that warranty does not include "pickup and delivery".

However, this, to me, isn't a "warranty" issue.

This is an "I was delivered a mower that does not work" issue.

Had the thing ever worked properly, I'd be fine accepting the standard terms of the warranty. At this price point you should at least get a mow or two out of it before you are investing time and money on fixes.

Very, very frustrating to say the least.

I can understand your frustration, it's seems customer service is all but gone in this country.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertsturf View Post
Good luck with Toro they monitor this board and will have this taken down shortly as they did my thread!! I too have had issues with my 2 GS's and am getting no where with them or my dealer as of now! In my case I believe it is more a Toro issue than dealer.
ah, so the truth comes out!! hahahah.. giving you bull trent, but i was unaware of your issues. what problems are you having? i know it aint the deck!

gotta love my wright standers!
Old 09-15-2010, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Grandstand problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
ah, so the truth comes out!! hahahah.. giving you bull trent, but i was unaware of your issues. what problems are you having? i know it aint the deck!

gotta love my wright standers!
My problems are as follows: Lift assist replaced 3 x's minimum, throttle cables replaced 2x's finally rerouted and fixed, deck not level from factory, loose nuts and bolts, we fixed, parking brakes creeping down, control levers too stiff on one of the machines and last but not least haven't heard one thing from Toro sales, or service since contacting yesterday morning!!
Old 09-15-2010, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

sounds fun, i know what it is like to have issues one some things. those older kubotas were like that to us, but kubota has always stepped up and that is what keeps goo customers just like the dealer we both use .

we have not heard about issues on the g3 or next lazers so we did go with toro as you know. so far i am impressed with the machine.
Old 09-15-2010, 12:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

WOW!
I just bought 2 new Toro mowers (Not Grandstands) and hope I don't run into issues. So far they have been fine, and the rep promised a great warranty, which I WILL push to be enforced if need be. Your dealer, O'Dell Tractor, is an excellent dealer as we have bought from them since 1986.
The GIE Expo will be a great place to talk to Toro AND your peers about non-resolved issues. I did that with a Kubota issue a few years back and the Kubota reps took care of all my issues immediately.
Here's to hoping Toro is as good as Kubota in backing their products!!

If you don't like my opinion...go around back for another view.
Old 09-15-2010, 01:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear of your problems.

Check all the hydraulic fittings, as one poster said, it sounds like you have air getting in the system somewhere.

No excuse for the dealer either not setting it up properly and while they should offer to pick it up and fix it, it isn't their responsibility.

PS Where is there a mountain in Wisconsin that he would have to tow the mower up?
Old 09-15-2010, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
Sorry to hear of your problems.

Check all the hydraulic fittings, as one poster said, it sounds like you have air getting in the system somewhere.

No excuse for the dealer either not setting it up properly and while they should offer to pick it up and fix it, it isn't their responsibility.

PS Where is there a mountain in Wisconsin that he would have to tow the mower up?
Thanks all for replies / advice. The property / mountain is in North Carolina...
Old 09-15-2010, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Member

...and just to clarify, I understand that this is not the dealer's responsibility and that they can't endlessly be picking up / returning my mower for me.

However, given that the unit was delivered with a fairly significant issue and now has the same issue (albeit to a lesser degree) as well as a second issue upon return of the unit, I think some combination of Toro and / or the dealer should be taking care of this situation for me without additional expense on my side.

I get they don't "have" to do anything. I guess if PR like this is worth whatever it would have cost them to do the right thing, they are free to make that choice just as I am free to post my review and opinion.

The mower does really cut well and handles the hills respectably. I could have easily looked past some bumps in the road had they handled them fairly. My review could have, and would have, been quite glowing.

I went way out of my way to try several channels and to give adequate time to let them do the right thing before sharing my thoughts / experience with the unit.

Tags
grandstand , toro