Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-15-2010, 02:24 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars777 View Post
...and just to clarify, I understand that this is not the dealer's responsibility and that they can't endlessly be picking up / returning my mower for me.

However, given that the unit was delivered with a fairly significant issue and now has the same issue (albeit to a lesser degree) as well as a second issue upon return of the unit, I think some combination of Toro and / or the dealer should be taking care of this situation for me without additional expense on my side.

I get they don't "have" to do anything. I guess if PR like this is worth whatever it would have cost them to do the right thing, they are free to make that choice just as I am free to post my review and opinion.

The mower does really cut well and handles the hills respectably. I could have easily looked past some bumps in the road had they handled them fairly. My review could have, and would have, been quite glowing.

I went way out of my way to try several channels and to give adequate time to let them do the right thing before sharing my thoughts / experience with the unit.
I agree with you, if they were decent, they would have solved the problem by now.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Oomkes View Post
I agree with you, if they were decent, they would have solved the problem by now.
Correct- and the dealership should step up and offer to pick it up.....this is where the dealer should bend over backwards to back the product they sell. You may want to PM the TORO people on here and see what they say and maybe they can help get things satisfactorily resolved.

I have a Toro diesel ZTR. by and large maintenance has been routine, uneventful and no serious repairs. Very happy with it.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, I wouldnt be happy either. Granted all the manu's have issues from time to time, but for the dealer to say they fixed it and not even test it is pretty weak. I can understand them not wanting to pick it up, but since its practically new and they FAILED to fix it the first round they should come get it IMO.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Member

Just a quick update. I did get Toro to agree to cover the pickup / delivery in this instance. It is only fair that I point out they did ultimately do what I feel to be the right thing.

I wish it had been easier, but all's well that ends well. I am hopeful they can get these problems fixed (and others don't show up) as the mower really does a nice job overall.

Hopefully this can end up being a positive experience / wise choice afterall.

Thanks again to those that offered advice.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:35 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

That's cool, too bad it took so much to get them to that point.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:44 PM
LawnSite Member

Maby it will be fixed right when you get it back this time

Tags
grandstand , toro