Register free!

Old 09-15-2010, 06:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Fountain advice needed

hey guys,
did a 3000 gallon round foutain in my driveway that has 3 2000 GPH pumps set in a tight triangle in the middle. i have it pumping up 3 32" stone "pillars' that are drilled out in the middles and it comes out the top in a single stream . i like the look of what i would call an "aerated stream" , sort of "fluffy and white " looking. i am running 1" hose through the stone pillars. what i need to know is....is there something i can use in a 1 inch dia. hose to "aerify the water instead of a stream (like would come out of as hose)?
thanks
steve
Old 09-15-2010, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I am not absolutely sure that it would give the effect that you are looking for, but adding a venturi valve to the flow pipes may possibly work. I know Laguna manufactures them, but don't know in what sizes.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Stumbled here by chance. All I can suggest is what I have seen in my aquarium setup. An air tube piped into the 1" that would allow air to be pulled in. Now what I couldn't tell you is the optimum distance from the discharge. The right size or angle. Whether it needs a check valve. How high it needs to be in relation to the water. All I can guess is that it would be best to take in the air right at the point of pressurization. If by some chance you try this send me a PM with the results.