Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 09-18-2010, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Member

updated pics of previous project..

some completed (for now) pics of a recent project...

Old 09-18-2010, 09:12 PM
LawnSite Member

Old 09-18-2010, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Really nice work. The water fall look like they are coming out or nowhere. What products did you use to build them? thanks
Old 09-19-2010, 09:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

guess someone likes evergreens.....
Old 09-19-2010, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Man I'm gonna put it like this. Your stone work is nice. The planting however is not up to par. I assume based on our prior conversation that you had nothing to do with it. I assume also that the install was for base plants and that the color will come in later. I see major issues with spacing all over. I really hope they are spending the money on a plant care company with so many similar pest problematic plants. I can go on for longer than anyone would care to listen too though.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:47 PM
LawnSite Member

i dont know anything about the pantings...dont know anything about any plantings really...i cant even name one plant that i see there.. i was guess the small ones along the inside of the fence will all grow together and form a row ?
im not too shure...it looked good to me, the guy is a CLA, well educated, been in business a long time and does well..and the customers are very pleased so i would like to hear more input...all comments welcome to every post i make or picture i post.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:57 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Fair enough, and with anything I bring up will purely be an opinionated observation. First impression I get is that it was planted to look good now, this pleases the customer. Also that the budget went heavy around the pool with the boxwoods and the outer juniper planting suffered. Would not be the first time I saw this done or even by a LA. So here we go.

First pic shows an upright Juniper ( maybe blue point) and a row of possible boxwoods. In 5 years they will be touching blocking the path. The juniper will be 5' wide and 15' tall. Background in front of the fence is Juniper. They will eventually touch I guess , if they are the species of choice I would have doubled the number. However something with some height would have been better. perhaps Microbiota.

Third pic shows similar upright junipers. Again way too close to the corner.

First pic, second post. The 2 junipers are too close to each other. Boxwoods are too close to the walkway inside the gate. Also those look like common boxwood which will one day be to the top of the fence. They will take severe pruning to keep them off the fence. If they wanted a lower hedge, dwarf common buxus would have been better.

Second pic, second post. The weeping norway (tall plant) is too close to the dwarf arborvitae. The pillar has an other one too close.

Overall, the customer will enjoy it, and usually remove plants as needed as they outgrow their location. No body will think anything of it. We are a disposable society. With some better planning it could eventually turn into a mature landscape. As is it stands there is little chance.

My comment about the pest control was related to the fact that with that many similar plants there is a good chance for severe damage if not upkept.

The other thread looks quite a bit better.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I have one wall question, why is it you use 90mil blocks on the bottom then 2 rows of 135s then 90 then cap? Why not mix? Not criticizing just wondering.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-21-2010, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Member

I'll throw in my two cents too. A clean cloth and lense cleaner. My eyes hurt looking at foggy pics.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:14 PM
LawnSite Member

i dont know anything about the pantings...dont know anything about any plantings really...i cant even name one plant that i see there.. i was guess the small ones along the inside of the fence will all grow together and form a row ?
im not too shure...it looked good to me, the guy is a CLA, well educated, been in business a long time and does well..and the customers are very pleased so i would like to hear more input...all comments welcome to every post i make or picture i post.

we were matching a previous installation with the wall pattern...if you notice the upper raised patio in any of pics it was recently completed before we did the pool project...

yea cell phone pics...htc hero that gets dirty in my pocket