Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 09-20-2010, 05:20 PM
seabee24 seabee24 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 619
[QUOTE=AA+ landscaping;3727181]If you are interest I got 35 new accounts in the spring for half of that. It was very easy just took a little bit time. You are not in my town so it will not effect me. I would like to see if it would work in a different area.[/QUOTE

how so?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-20-2010, 06:19 PM
AA+ landscaping's Avatar
AA+ landscaping AA+ landscaping is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Eastern Pennsylvania
Posts: 221
[QUOTE=seabee24;3727193]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AA+ landscaping View Post
If you are interest I got 35 new accounts in the spring for half of that. It was very easy just took a little bit time. You are not in my town so it will not effect me. I would like to see if it would work in a different area.[/QUOTE

how so?
Its all about marketing. Gave me a call I will tell you how to get started. 6105096966
__________________

96' Dodge Ram 2500
Little Wonder Blower 6HP
Little Wonder Vac 8.5HP
1 Echo Trimmers 210i

Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-20-2010, 10:34 PM
lawn's Avatar
lawn lawn is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: at a yard working!
Posts: 344
[QUOTE=AA+ landscaping;3727239]
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post

Its all about marketing. Gave me a call I will tell you how to get started. 6105096966
AA+landscaping: I am selling my business too, can you email me pls?

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-23-2010, 08:31 AM
LawnGuy73's Avatar
LawnGuy73 LawnGuy73 is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Scott County, Minnesota
Posts: 1,811
Are these all under contract, and if so. For how long?

If they are under contract. The most I have paid for an account was one months worth of service. So if its a $50 per cut I pay $200.

If not, walk away....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09-23-2010, 09:14 AM
MarcSmith MarcSmith is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 7,242
don't pay for a customer list....as epic mentioned. a contract for lawn service is what you need to buy...
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09-23-2010, 09:50 AM
seabee24 seabee24 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
don't pay for a customer list....as epic mentioned. a contract for lawn service is what you need to buy...
question - whats the difference?

A. the customer signs the contract with the old guy, so hence contract does not apply to new guy

B. are you really going to drag someone to court over a lost lawn contract? customer decides not drop you, so instead of shaking their hand and admitting that you were just not the right fit, you tell them , tuff your in a contract so sue me? i doubt that, if you do that word will get around, plus even if it went to court all the cusotmer has to do is claim shes not happy with your work.

The list alone isnt worth alot, but if the old owner is willing to hold hands for a while and the entire process is done smoothly with little tranistion for the cusomters there should be little to no loss. and thats where the money is
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09-23-2010, 10:15 AM
wbw's Avatar
wbw wbw is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: houston tx
Posts: 4,152
Quote:
Originally Posted by seabee24 View Post
question - whats the difference?

A. the customer signs the contract with the old guy, so hence contract does not apply to new guy

B. are you really going to drag someone to court over a lost lawn contract? customer decides not drop you, so instead of shaking their hand and admitting that you were just not the right fit, you tell them , tuff your in a contract so sue me? i doubt that, if you do that word will get around, plus even if it went to court all the cusotmer has to do is claim shes not happy with your work.

The list alone isnt worth alot, but if the old owner is willing to hold hands for a while and the entire process is done smoothly with little tranistion for the cusomters there should be little to no loss. and thats where the money is
Bingo! We have a winner. Residential contracts are worthless.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09-23-2010, 10:53 AM
MarcSmith MarcSmith is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 7,242
resi contract are not worthless. Took my fair share to court and won and collected when they defaulted.

I can sell you a customer list for 5 bucks... A contract at least states that someone is locked into a contract for hire. and depending on how the sale of the business is handled, does not mean that a contract becomes null/void on the change in ownership of a company.

Six keep in mind and ask yourself the question.....WHY is he selling? Why is he honeslty getting out he business....I'd put money on the fact that he's not making any...so he's trying to cut his losses and run...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09-23-2010, 12:27 PM
seabee24 seabee24 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 619
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcSmith View Post
resi contract are not worthless. Took my fair share to court and won and collected when they defaulted.

I can sell you a customer list for 5 bucks... A contract at least states that someone is locked into a contract for hire. and depending on how the sale of the business is handled, does not mean that a contract becomes null/void on the change in ownership of a company.

Six keep in mind and ask yourself the question.....WHY is he selling? Why is he honeslty getting out he business....I'd put money on the fact that he's not making any...so he's trying to cut his losses and run...
yes and as i had pointed out in another post, there will be loss even if he doesnt sell, just becasue those people that are "sticking it out for the remainder of the season"

as for court - glad you won, but that word spreads around, they wanted to cancel for one reason or another. not sure why. but do you really think that your time in court is worth more than if you were just out making money cutting grass?? yeah you can win alot in court, and you can also drive back and forth 4 seperate times, with dismisals, continueances, thers no gaurantee and even if you do win, collecting is still a whole different issue.

If you repeat this process enough time, word will get around, and soon you will be known as the contractor that just likes to sue people.

Granted there are times for it....if they were on a seasonal contract and canceled halfway into it, and you just did a spring cleanup, and spring bush trimming....odds are you have done more work than what they have paid...that situation deserves a second look, and your contract should have something in there about canceling...
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-23-2010, 12:51 PM
bignamelawncare bignamelawncare is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Tulsa Oklahoma
Posts: 43
I couldn't see myself buying a customer. I'd rather spend the money on building my brand or equipment.
__________________
"We Gnome Lawns!"
Big Name Chemturf & Lawn Care
Tulsa, Oklahoma
(918) 760-0322

Lawn Care
Leaf Removal
Landscaper
Firewood Delivery
Debris Removal
Tree Care and Removal
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.

Page generated in 0.10207 seconds with 7 queries