Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-28-2010, 08:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
Mower dude, so how old are you now? If you said ur parents drive u around because of u being 15, then how were u even able to think of business opportunities in 2006? You would only have been like 11 or so. Lol. To answer the question, I buy all of my equipment from hellebuycks, in warren. I wasn't to big of a fan from the sales guys from the store in utica or shelby w/e. I did pick up some equipment there but only because the warren store didn't have it. I have never felt uncomfortable in any way, and I know it isn't because of the thousands of dollars spent.
Posted via Mobile Device
im 15 allso
Old 09-29-2010, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike S. View Post
Mower dude, so how old are you now? If you said ur parents drive u around because of u being 15, then how were u even able to think of business opportunities in 2006? You would only have been like 11 or so. Lol. To answer the question, I buy all of my equipment from hellebuycks, in warren. I wasn't to big of a fan from the sales guys from the store in utica or shelby w/e. I did pick up some equipment there but only because the warren store didn't have it. I have never felt uncomfortable in any way, and I know it isn't because of the thousands of dollars spent.
Posted via Mobile Device
Here is my deal, when I was 4 I "helped" my dad with a neighbors lawn. I LOVED it so I asked my mom if could have a biz, she said "when you are 8 you can" (she figured I would find other interests over time) but as my 8th birthday approached I kept talking about cutting lawns, finally on my birthday I said ok I am 8 now I am ready, my mom said fine you can put filers on our street (again she figured I would not get work and find other interests) NOPE I got one lawn, then the next year I had 1 and a on call lawn. the following year I was up to 4, then in 2007 when I was 12 I purshcaed a 32 inch walk behind at the time I had 9 accounts, I also added entry leval commerical handheld equipment. By march 2009 I had 11 lawns and the 32 started to have issues so I added a 48, then a few months later I had all my handhelds stolen, so I had to buy all new stuff. Now I have pretty much everything I need to go fulltime other then a truck, but I need to finish school first. So technically I started 7 years ago but really I took off about 4 years ago
Ferris 32
Toro 21
Redmax BCZ2401s, Redmax HE225f, Redmax EBZ7100 Kawasaki KRB300
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer
Old 09-29-2010, 03:09 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Oh I frogot to mention I wakled to all my jobs until last year so thats also why I was working at such a young age
Ferris 32
Toro 21
Redmax BCZ2401s, Redmax HE225f, Redmax EBZ7100 Kawasaki KRB300
1999 Honda Oddsey
6X10 trailer
Old 10-02-2010, 05:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerdude777 View Post
Oh I frogot to mention I wakled to all my jobs until last year so thats also why I was working at such a young age
I give you credit buddy if what you say is true, you definately have the drive to make it in this business.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Just wanted to throw in my two cents too...change the name! I know that in the areas that we service, if someone saw the name on the side of the truck or in an advertisement, they wouldn't take a second look. I find it really hard to believe that you cut these yards at $10.00 a pop. No offense, but the first thing that pops in my head is...you get what you pay for.