Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-29-2010, 11:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=delonglandscaping;3738586]Attachment 200743

This is the truck that i am looking at right now. It is 28,596.99 plus tax, title, and license's. It comes with the v-xt 9'6". The plow itself is worth 6k so i think this is a steal!

It is a 5.4 triton v8 4x4 with snow prep, power locks, power windows. 8 foot bed regular cab. Vinyl floor and seating with cab lights.

Let me know if you guys think its a good deal.

The trucks a pretty good deal man. I actually just bought a 2010 its a single cab just like that but black, but I went with the XLT package deal with the 6.8l V10 pretty good engine but kinda a gas hog. But I think mine ran me 26,xxx something like that. But with that plow I would go for it.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=stuntmanlogan;3739026]
Quote:
Originally Posted by delonglandscaping View Post
Attachment 200743

This is the truck that i am looking at right now. It is 28,596.99 plus tax, title, and license's. It comes with the v-xt 9'6". The plow itself is worth 6k so i think this is a steal!

It is a 5.4 triton v8 4x4 with snow prep, power locks, power windows. 8 foot bed regular cab. Vinyl floor and seating with cab lights.

Let me know if you guys think its a good deal.

The trucks a pretty good deal man. I actually just bought a 2010 its a single cab just like that but black, but I went with the XLT package deal with the 6.8l V10 pretty good engine but kinda a gas hog. But I think mine ran me 26,xxx something like that. But with that plow I would go for it.
thats still really good. Thats such a good deal considering its a brand new truck and 3/4 ton. I think the 1500's and f-150 xl's run like 24.5k for 4x4. Where did you get yours because i would like to get an xlt just for the added features, chrome, and i want to get navigation and tracking in my trucks so i know where they are.

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-30-2010, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockycrab View Post
I would be talking to the grower about how they dropped your sod so hard. It will probably not be catastrophic damage, but, i bet it stunts the healing in time. The more damage and abuse to the root system the longer time it takes to establish.
thats how i felt, i was thinking it would be a big pallet that i could even unload with the bobcat. I was extreamly unhappy and did talk to the distributor. They said the reason that was, was because i needed it in such short notice but it shouldnt have been thrown in unorganized piles and that far.

I got free delivery on 5 truck loads of materials from my complaint and they were really understanding when i showed them the pictures. e

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-30-2010, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLAWCARE View Post
I would be mad if they delivered sod to me like that.
trust me, i was furious. I came out when half of it was already done and i was like wtf is going on. That is 650 dollars in sod and its going to be trashed now.

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-30-2010, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Yeah.not all cause of school but yeah i am lol..i never get tired of lawnsite .i love it.love this site so awesome.yeah lol.
yea i like it too. I like it because its more of a place where i can document my growth. I like seeing from year to year and what i said last year and look back and laugh.

I love seeing long term growth and thats what im working at now. Not getting a bunch of customers, but to be smart with the customers i have and have good paying, reliable clients that will come back to me year after year. I spend on average 10 minutes more on each property than i did in the summer and just the extra 10 minutes makes them all look so much better. Even on the really small properties.

I wish the pictures showed how good everything looked, all my lawns are soo green again and they are all ALMOST weed free after the aeration and fertilizer treatment.

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-30-2010, 08:20 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delonglandscaping View Post
yea i like it too. I like it because its more of a place where i can document my growth. I like seeing from year to year and what i said last year and look back and laugh.

I love seeing long term growth and thats what im working at now. Not getting a bunch of customers, but to be smart with the customers i have and have good paying, reliable clients that will come back to me year after year. I spend on average 10 minutes more on each property than i did in the summer and just the extra 10 minutes makes them all look so much better. Even on the really small properties.

I wish the pictures showed how good everything looked, all my lawns are soo green again and they are all ALMOST weed free after the aeration and fertilizer treatment.
Oh ok.yeah.yeah u got it that is they key to sucess.yeah same thing on a yard i do.the guy grass is i mean just real good green grass.dosent have any weeds.i wish our grass is like that.we dont have the worst or the best.its in between id say.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 09-30-2010, 11:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

you paid $650 for that sod?? wow
(2) steel rakes
(1) plastic rake
(1) electric ryobi trimmer
Old 09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Everything looks really nice, I hope to get pretty big next season. Got a few plans but so far everything is still in the planning stage. This winter when i graduate I'm really going to kick up advertising and all sorts of other things. If they did that to sod I ordered I would have said something to them and told them to do it right or leave my jobsite. I'm sure it didn't kill the sod by any means but it's very unprofessional. They way I look at it, if YOU hire a company like that to come deliver it, and they look like crap. I think it reflects back on us because WE hired these guys. But anyways, nice work.

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG-86 Handheld Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmers
Snapper Commercial Power Rake/Slit Seeder
Ryan Aerator
Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw 16" Bar
Old 09-30-2010, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

[QUOTE=delonglandscaping;3739118]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmanlogan View Post

thats still really good. Thats such a good deal considering its a brand new truck and 3/4 ton. I think the 1500's and f-150 xl's run like 24.5k for 4x4. Where did you get yours because i would like to get an xlt just for the added features, chrome, and i want to get navigation and tracking in my trucks so i know where they are.
I bought mine a Charles Gabus Ford in Urbandale Iowa. Im not sure if they have any left though. My choices were between a white, black, and maroon color I know they were all XLT's with the plow prep package. They actually went down because of the 2011's they had coming in and they need the room for them so they had to get the 10's out of there.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
you paid $650 for that sod?? wow
Sorry i misspoke , i got 190 yards of sod and 5 yards of top soil. The top soil was 14 per yard. Delievery was 65 dollars(which i think is b.s.) and the soil was around 2.50 cents per yard plus tax.

So give or take a few bucks it was right around 650. Is that a lot or something for you? those are the prices for sod up here. If i got 250 yards the price drops from 2.5 to 1.9

Insured and Licensed