Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-01-2010, 01:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

[QUOTE=stuntmanlogan;3739458]
Quote:
Originally Posted by delonglandscaping View Post

I bought mine a Charles Gabus Ford in Urbandale Iowa. Im not sure if they have any left though. My choices were between a white, black, and maroon color I know they were all XLT's with the plow prep package. They actually went down because of the 2011's they had coming in and they need the room for them so they had to get the 10's out of there.
i wish i would have caught that deal. Thinking about putting a leaf box on my 6ft bed dodge 1500 and dreading it sooo much. I dont want to ruin the truck with a big ugly box. I got a pretty sweet set up for the leaf loader though that i am excited about. And we sanded and snad blasted the exmark lazer z xs mower deck tonight from a lot of paint chips and flaking off if it. Which it wasnt a big deal but i am a freak about my equipment in new condition. I take care of everything like a baby.

Primed and welds tonight. And i will wet sand and paint tomorrow night. I forgot to take pic's of before and after but the mower looks pretty damn funny without a deck on it!

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-01-2010, 01:51 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Freak View Post
Everything looks really nice, I hope to get pretty big next season. Got a few plans but so far everything is still in the planning stage. This winter when i graduate I'm really going to kick up advertising and all sorts of other things. If they did that to sod I ordered I would have said something to them and told them to do it right or leave my jobsite. I'm sure it didn't kill the sod by any means but it's very unprofessional. They way I look at it, if YOU hire a company like that to come deliver it, and they look like crap. I think it reflects back on us because WE hired these guys. But anyways, nice work.
good point about the professionalism, and i am definitly kickin in advertizing full gear. I have 6000 fliers i am handing out this saturday with 5 of freshman highschoo guys that run cross country. I am hoping to get them all out in one day and maybe order more if i like the turn out.

What college are you going to and what did you come out with?

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-01-2010, 07:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
it is sick! i assembled it last night and i took pictures of it. I sucked up some leaves and they were like dust coming out of it. I screamed holy shi*ittt and my neighbor yelled at me for swearing in front of his kids.

The only part is, now i have to build a box for it and i don't know where to put the loader because i didn't get the tailgate bracket. I think I'm going to mount it onto the front corner of my trailer
That sounds a lot like me, my neighbors hate me because our dog barks to much ??!!?! wtf !. I'm still waiting if I want to get another trailer to set the loader on, I was originally putting the loader on the tong of my trailer but It may not work.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:18 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm still undecided on where I'm going for college. Congrats on your loader too, My neighbor to the north of my don't really care for me. Because I've always got my trailer out front and always doing something in the yard when I get the chance. What really bugs them is when I'm working on my equipment at night lol.

1994 F-150 XLT 4X4 8' Uni-Mount
1995 7.3L F-250 XLT 4X4 9' Uni-Mount & Pro Flo Spreader
2009 7x14 Trailmaster
2003 7x18 Trailmaster

48" Walker MT GHS
36" Walker MC GHS
48" John Deere Hydro W/B
21" Husqvarna XT7
Stihl KM-90 W/ FS-KM
Stihl FS-85R Trimmer
Stihl FC-95 Stick Edger
Stihl BR-550&600 Backpack Blower
Stihl BG-86 Handheld Blower
Stihl HS-45 Hedge Trimmers
Snapper Commercial Power Rake/Slit Seeder
Ryan Aerator
Husqvarna 235 Chainsaw 16" Bar
Old 10-01-2010, 01:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Sorry i misspoke , i got 190 yards of sod and 5 yards of top soil. The top soil was 14 per yard. Delievery was 65 dollars(which i think is b.s.) and the soil was around 2.50 cents per yard plus tax.

So give or take a few bucks it was right around 650. Is that a lot or something for you? those are the prices for sod up here. If i got 250 yards the price drops from 2.5 to 1.9
I think on the sod you mean by the sq ft??? I bought 1000sq ft last week for $250 if that give you an idea so about .25 a sq ft
(2) steel rakes
(1) plastic rake
(1) electric ryobi trimmer
Old 10-01-2010, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Did you get that truck? What is the sticker price and what are the rebates for 2010s?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:37 PM
LawnSite Member

That white 1500 is beautiful!! Nice work and equipment too.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Don't put a leave box on the 1500....its a TON of weight between leaves, loader an trailer full of mowers. Also raking all that out would SUCK!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2010, 12:40 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

unless you want to destroy the 1500 dont do it.
2010 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
2009 Equipment/Stripe thread Here
Hurricane blower video Here
Old 10-02-2010, 01:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
I think on the sod you mean by the sq ft??? I bought 1000sq ft last week for $250 if that give you an idea so about .25 a sq ft
it is measured differently up here. it was a little under 2300 sq/ft. 190 "yards" that what the dealer called them. Each piece is 2'x 6' rolls. So 12 sq/ft each

Insured and Licensed