Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-02-2010, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
Don't put a leave box on the 1500....its a TON of weight between leaves, loader an trailer full of mowers. Also raking all that out would SUCK!
Posted via Mobile Device
I dont know what else to do if i dont put a box on the 1500. Im not planning on buying the f-250's until late october and i am already starting fall clean ups for most of my high end weekly lawn contracts.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-02-2010, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimidator782 View Post
That white 1500 is beautiful!! Nice work and equipment too.
thanks man, i like it too. It was relaly plain when i got it and it is a nice truck to drive daily. VERY COMFORTABLE interior.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-02-2010, 01:27 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravelyGuy View Post
Did you get that truck? What is the sticker price and what are the rebates for 2010s?
the sticker price on the truck was 32,879.67. They are offering 5k off that price and another aditional dealer rebate, plus a "free v-xt" with the truck if financed through them, or bought with cash from them

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-02-2010, 01:31 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgreendude View Post
That sounds a lot like me, my neighbors hate me because our dog barks to much ??!!?! wtf !. I'm still waiting if I want to get another trailer to set the loader on, I was originally putting the loader on the tong of my trailer but It may not work.

I was thinking that too , but what i am going to do is make a mount for the loader on the front right corner of my trailer so then i when i take the trailer off, everything comes off with it. I will post some pictures after i am done re-painting my exmark deck. i sanded and sandblasted and striped deck and its getting powdercoated right now.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-02-2010, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Freak View Post
I'm still undecided on where I'm going for college. Congrats on your loader too, My neighbor to the north of my don't really care for me. Because I've always got my trailer out front and always doing something in the yard when I get the chance. What really bugs them is when I'm working on my equipment at night lol.
I have a deaf neighbor to the east and couple with 4 kids to the west. they are both cool with me being loud at night because there house is SOUND PROOF, there is an old guy on the other side of the couples house that is a real dick and he always yells at me to be quite when i am working at like 3 in the morning on shaprning blades or making a leaf box or fixing my mowers or something. I have the radio blasting and the hears on in 0 degree weather and he freaks out and comes out in his underware and yells at me

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-02-2010, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I thought you said you were buying a F550???
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-02-2010, 10:41 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

ya i would be pissed to if i were your neighbor and you had the radio blasting at 3 in the morning and were sharping blades
Old 10-02-2010, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
I thought you said you were buying a F550???
Posted via Mobile Device
still in the process of going over numbers. I need to get at leased two trucks if i don't want to be plowing with my 1500. And 3 trucks if i want to have a reliable back up or putting another plow in the commercials . I could really use three trucks to get to more residencials because i am almost at the point where i have to turn down driveways because i would rather do commercials.

I am looking at a 2006 f-550 or a 2008 f-350 dump. They both have around 18k miles on them, both are 6.3 diesel and but i talked to my insurance guy and to get an f-350 regular cab long bed, rather then a dump bed its close to 1/2 of that the dump bed is. I dont really see the point of spending 2400 dollars per year on a dump and 1100 on a f-350 that i could just put a dump insert in.

It seems to me like you 1) either don't believe anything that i say or do, or 2) doubt everything i say and question everything else. Maybe im just taking what you say the wrong way.

I dont mind if your asking because your interested, but if you are going to bring negativity to this, im just not going to respond. Im not trying to be rude but i dont need people thinking im too young for the business and talk myself up. I work hard and love what i do, i dont bs and i dont f around.

Thanks for reading the thread though and i will update everyone with how the leaf season goes and how plowing goes as well

Thanks for reading just keep the critisism positive.

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-02-2010, 11:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coastal Lawn Maintenance View Post
ya i would be pissed to if i were your neighbor and you had the radio blasting at 3 in the morning and were sharping blades
I would be too if my neighbor was keeping me up from sleeping but this guy lets his dog out in the backyard all night and it just barks. He has had dozens of complaints and doesnt care. I doubt i was that loud because i am around 150 feet away from his house and he supposedely "cant sleep" because im so loud.

Im not loud enough to wake something up. For go sakes, how loud can u be sharpening a blade. No loud enough to travel through an insulated garage, and over 150 feet inside his house to wake him up.. At leased i dont think so

Insured and Licensed
Old 10-03-2010, 08:54 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

It makes perfect sense to me why to spend $2400 a year on a dump. 1) holds way more, 2) can handle more weight, 3) the entire truck is beefed up.

Also fyi the 06 F550 has a 6.0L diesel. The 08 F350 has a 6.4L diesel. '08 was the worst year for that diesel, better off to go with a 06 6.0L as that was a good year for it.

I'm not being negative. All I did was ask why you haven't bought a dump where I believe earlier in the thread you were talking about having one by fall. Honestly putting a leaf box on a 1500 plus pulling all those mowers will kill that truck.

And I'd be pretty pissed hearing you working at 3am...I'm sure your town has an ordinance about that.
Posted via Mobile Device