Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 11-28-2010, 11:40 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpeg lawn maintenance View Post
Truck looks very nice. Did you have those cab lights installed after you bought the truck if so how much did it cost for you to get them put on.
Thanks, i really try to keep it clean. I think i may get smaller fender flares though. I ordered the smaller ones and these came. They stick out a good 3". I was going for the power wagon look.

The cab lights are recon smoked LED amber lights. They cost me 60 for the light and around 10-15 dollars for hardware and sylicon to seal. My friend actually did the install for me for free which was really nice.

Insured and Licensed
Old 11-28-2010, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mowerboy04 View Post
the lights look really good, i use to do a lot of christmas lights i use to make more putting up lights then i did plowing.
I LOVE CHRISTMAST LIGHTS. Honestly i enjoy it soo much and i love christmas. I love driving by the house and seeing the rest of the street and how crappy it looks.

I really want to increase sales of christmas lights. Or get another employee to do all fall clean ups and i just do pure christmas lights.

Insured and Licensed
Old 11-28-2010, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgreendude View Post
Jason,
I've been having similar problems with my billy goat clogging with wet or semi wet leaves and I doesn't even look like it's shredding them. I also wanted to know what did you do to start irrigation systems and to install them, I would like to start installing them in 2011 if I can. Good to see everything id going well with your biz.
Thanks,
James
Idk why but my billy goat always slilps out of full throttle and then that is when the discharge shoot clogs , right above the impeller. Litterally still in the housing. It has been a problem all year and i was so sick of it, i tarped the last house we did and took it to the dealer.

SPrinkler systems: I started researching and honestly started by 'fixing' / expirimenting with my cottages sprinkler system. it is a lake pump irrigation system and is similar to a golf coarse,it shoots water at 115 gpm and around 75 psi. Its 2" pipe and 25 rotors in each 3 zones watering around 4 acres in 45 minutes. We have 3 misting zones with 40 heads going in all flower beds, and out by the 400 feet of road and along driveway. My grandpa installed it himself around 15 years ago so it breaks a lot so me and my uncle have to fix them and i learned by fixing them. Sprinklers are honestly really easy to do and basic plumbing skills. You have to match precipitation rates to each zone so no over or under watering occurs and also use the same type of head in each zone(dont mix impact rotors with pop up misting heads) ALso designing is a huge part too. Design it on paper so you use efficent supplies location of valve boxes, sprinkler heads, and main lines.

If you have any more questions pm me and i will go more into detail

Insured and Licensed
Old 11-29-2010, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Member

real nice lines. unlike a lot of the hack jobs i've seen on this site
Old 11-29-2010, 08:20 PM
LawnSite Member

how high is the lift kit on the dodge
Old 11-29-2010, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey7599 View Post
how high is the lift kit on the dodge
3" body lift, 2" Coil spacers on front, and timbrens and heavy duty leaf's and axle on back

Insured and Licensed
Old 11-29-2010, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSolid-5 View Post
real nice lines. unlike a lot of the hack jobs i've seen on this site
haha. I agree there are a lot of unintentional zig zag's that are supposed to be stripes. But there are also a fair share of great stripes(just cut in the same direction to many times which i DO NOT DO. haha. Nothing looks worse than stripes burnt into the grass. Different every week is key

Insured and Licensed
Old 11-29-2010, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

hey delong do u still have both lazer z's
Stihl handhelds
texas bragg trailers.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delonglandscaping View Post
haha. I agree there are a lot of unintentional zig zag's that are supposed to be stripes. But there are also a fair share of great stripes(just cut in the same direction to many times which i DO NOT DO. haha. Nothing looks worse than stripes burnt into the grass. Different every week is key
I agree nothing looks worse than stripes burnt into a lawn. This year with the drought you could tell when a company mowed the same direction week after week. You would see wheel marks getting burnt into the lawn. The same guys that burn stripes into a lawn are probably the same guys that scalp the crap out of lawns just because the customer wants it cut shorter. They dont understand that it is bad for the lawn.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Exactly. There are many companies around me that cut the same direction every week the whole season. It almost looks like a bunch of speed bumps, thats prob the reason they dont cut in a different direction. All the ruts would bounce them out of their seat

Insured and Licensed