Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-01-2010, 11:35 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmanlogan View Post
About the 36, i just wish it wasnt taking room up on the trailer. I might put in the back of my truck and just ramp it onto the trailer, but it doesnt fit with two lazers both having qds's on them. I tried it. its like 8" to short
I see. Well I would differentially hang onto that 36 if you think your going to run two crews and need it in the next few years. I say this because its way to nice of a mower and you would be taking a money loss on it by selling it used. And for now I would just ramp it into your truck if you have to, that wouldn't be to bad for a few years I wouldn't think anyways. There's a guy around here that does that. If you have yards that close where you and an employee can use two 60's in one neighborhood get two and do the fleet programing with exmark, so you get a little discount. Hope this helps .[/QUOTE]

that is defniitly what i am working up to do, but the fleet program i think is 12 points. Lazer 29 hp EFI KAWI are 5 point's each and baggeres are 1 point each(i think) It give you i think a thousand off the sticker price the fleet discount. I looked into it this summer when i had both lazers and was going to trade them in.<that is what i should have done because for two brand new lazers i would be paying only around 6k. They were gonna givem e 7,500 for my xs and 7,500 for my 2009 27hp 60". I should have done it, 6k is nothing for two mowers, especially since i don't finance mowers because i always want something different after a year. Maybe thats cuz i usually buy lightly used stuff.

Anyone have a problem starting engines in this weather. I put my xs in the middle of the driveway today after the last clean up(i store equipment in my garage so its sheltered) and left. When i came back there was an inch of snow in it and i couldnt turn the key, the choke and throttle cables were all frozen up and everything was stiff. Its still sitting there now.

How the hell am i supposed to start a frozen mower?

Insured and Licensed
Old 12-02-2010, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How the hell am i supposed to start a frozen mower?[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem a couple days ago with my choke cable. You have to get heat on it asap. I had to put mine in my heated garage and run a hair dryer on it for about a half an hour and it finally came lose so I could start it back it into the garage and let it sit in there for the day. Afterwards stray WD 40 on it and just work it into the cable it will help a little for the future.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmanlogan View Post
How the hell am i supposed to start a frozen mower?
Had the same problem a couple days ago with my choke cable. You have to get heat on it asap. I had to put mine in my heated garage and run a hair dryer on it for about a half an hour and it finally came lose so I could start it back it into the garage and let it sit in there for the day. Afterwards stray WD 40 on it and just work it into the cable it will help a little for the future.[/QUOTE]

hopefully it just warms up. I dont wanna sit in the 20 degree weather with a hair dryer. maybe i'll just go buy that kerosen heater i want for the garage and aim it at the mower. ha

Insured and Licensed
Old 12-02-2010, 01:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

How do you like the exmark efi can't decide on which one to go with. What blades are you using
Old 12-02-2010, 01:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

When i demo'd it i loved it. I dont own it, i have an exmark xs with a 35hp vangaurd. I love the mower but i just want the new ultra cut series 6 deck. Its the best i have ever used. better than scag velosity. I was gonna switch to scag, but i think im gonna stick with exmark

Insured and Licensed