Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-23-2010, 09:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuturePilot4u View Post
good work, you do have nice lawns though, its all about the lawn really
thanks, i try to make the quality of cut better than everyone around and take a little extra time and care at each property. Im also really fed up with tearing up the wet turf on some properties where the grass root system isnt even in the ground , its just right ontop.

the xs is a really heavy mower

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-23-2010, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delonglandscaping View Post
the only time i saw it was on a trailer of a lco too. Their name is Gator Lawn Corp. And have extreamly dirty fat mexicans doing all their work for them with ripped clothes, beat up trailers, and 72" exmarks on less than a 1/4 acre.
Hahaha ok...yeah tell me about i know i companmy that does down the block from me 60''about the same 1/4 acre maybe little more when they hafd a 36'' and 48''wb come on.yeah i see that alot.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Redmax eb7500 backpack blower
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 09-23-2010, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuntmanlogan View Post
Hey what size deck did you buy for your vantage?
I got the 52" deck and 24hp kawi . And im not sure if i like it or not yet. I have 30 days to say if i like it or not and 30 days to return it for a restocking fee if its under 45 hrs.

The controls are decent but it is really hard to balance. They make the feature that you can operate it without the standing plate, but honestly it is just dangerous. The controls are so touchy one little pull back if you loose balance and that mower is over you, in a split second.

The first 5 lawns with it were sooo shakey and i couldnt hold a straight line, but it got easier.

Lets just say this. If you are in the market for a 52" walk behind. GET THE VANTAGE. BUTTTTT. If you are in the market for a rider. DONTTTTT GET THE VANTAGE. It is extreamly hard to cut at fast speeds and trying to hold on at the same time.

It is more productive than a walk behind, and less productive than a rider! I WOULD NEVER REPLACE A RIDER WITH A VANTAGE!!!!!

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerdude777 View Post
Very nice hows the vantage.
its not as great as i thought it would be to be completely honest. and i am actually thinking about taking it back. Read the post above this to see what i mean. I thought it would be able to take the place of a rider so i dont have to sit all day. but it is way less productive and slows me down a lot. I think im going to return it and get the 29hp EFI Lazer with a 60" Ultra Cut series 6 deck. It will suit me a lot better and increase productivity rather than decrease

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-23-2010, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Hahaha ok...yeah tell me about i know i companmy that does down the block from me 60''about the same 1/4 acre maybe little more when they hafd a 36'' and 48''wb come on.yeah i see that alot.
I use a 60 on the smaller thicker properties but that is because i had a 36 and the 60 cuts far better and i can leave a nice stripe. But i dont bother cutting the extreamly small yards with the 60. Like you see in my pics. Thats all with a 60, and thats about as small as i can go.

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-23-2010, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawn Freak View Post
I know your talking about the walk behinds Cub makes, but I just retired a Cub Cadet push mower that served me pretty good. I do alot of work with it and it held up pretty good. But recently it started giving me a bunch of trouble so I decided to take it off the line. It will be going to the scrapyard soon probably.

Also, one thing I noticed, the grass in the sidewalk cracks on a few of your accounts. Other than that everything looks really good man. Keep it up, glad to hear your having a good season.
That was cleaned up this week. We usually tend to do the cracks on inbetween the sidewalks REALLY good every other week. I cant justify a newedger blade to get it done right every 3 or 4 properties. I actually just got these great new edger blades that last soo much longer than my home depot edger blades. like instead of a day of use they get almost 2 weeks of use.

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-23-2010, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I use a 60 on the smaller thicker properties but that is because i had a 36 and the 60 cuts far better and i can leave a nice stripe. But i dont bother cutting the extreamly small yards with the 60. Like you see in my pics. Thats all with a 60, and thats about as small as i can go.
Yeah oh..ok.sounds good.
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 09-23-2010, 09:21 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat48 View Post
Yeah oh..ok.sounds good.
i think a 52 for small lawns is perfect size

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-23-2010, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
i think a 52 for small lawns is perfect size
Yeah that is good.i wish i had a 36'' or even 48''.yeah but im doing good for now like i said.but a bigger deck would be nice..
Wright 36" RH 07"
Redmax trimmer
Echo srm 225
Stihl fs90
Redmax hb28
Rubbermaid cans 32gal
Solo backpack sprayer
A few more things..
Old 09-23-2010, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
That was cleaned up this week. We usually tend to do the cracks on inbetween the sidewalks REALLY good every other week. I cant justify a newedger blade to get it done right every 3 or 4 properties. I actually just got these great new edger blades that last soo much longer than my home depot edger blades. like instead of a day of use they get almost 2 weeks of use.
Don't know about your pesticide status, but, get some Round-up or one of its many generics. Spray those suckers and save your blade and the concrete.