Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-27-2010, 01:33 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
Also how in the world are you getting financing on three new trucks??
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
I am young but i know what i am doing. I have a blizzard clause in the contract. A trigger depth of 2 inches. I have 5 hours by snowfall end to do all of them. It is actually a very leniant porperty owner because the work they do involves machining and selling of auto parts and wholesale parts.

With the trucks, i am not financing them. The only one i am financing is the deisel dump truck to get credit on my name. I am buying both the f-250's or 350's(not sure yet) outright with the pre-payment for the contracts. and then with the deisel i will finance around 35k over 60 months. And i already am qualified for the auto loan at my bank.

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-27-2010, 06:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delonglandscaping View Post
Im glad to hear that it is looking like one, i want to get the heavy duty rims, and a winch mount in front. I think that would make it perfect, and the painting. But about the tires! i hate maintenance charges on my truck especially tires. They should be lasting so much longer than they actually are and im not even a crazy driver. I have a fricken trailer on. haha.

I also had a problem with my front rotors. MY car is sitting in the shop now. I got my brakes and rotors redone last thursday because on the highway my car was shaking like crazy when i was breaking. (shaking side to side).... When i got my car back on thursday night, i was breaking and my brake pedal was pulsating like crazy. I went on the highway with my trailer and practically lost control of the truck it was so bad . Keep in mind these were brand new rotors and pads. I couldnt figure it out so hopefully the guys who installed them can. It was seriously really dangerous.

About plowing. I actually got around 25 commercial industrial accounts from my employees uncle who owns all the buildings. I am going to, hopefully soon, but either 2 f-350's or 2 f-250's with v-xt plows on them. And either put a blade on my truck or get a f-550 dump that is forsale right by my house for a really good price. All the trucks are going to be 2010. The 250 or 350 will be a 5.4 v8 triton and the dump will be a 6.3 diesel. I am really hoping to get the first pre-payment no later than October 20th so i we can get these trucks. The accounts themselves are around 30,000 sq/ft parking lots and a 20ft road around the whole property that can just be windrowed to the sides. and range from 800-1600 per push plus salt.

Im really excited about snow this year. Hopefully it can give my company some momentum to grow double or tripple in the next couple years.

I guess thats the problem with dodges I've heard. I'm hoping to get a snowex vee pro 8500 and a Fisher extreme v mounted on my duramax this winter hopefully.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:26 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

it sucks being without my truck the rotors are warped again, idk how that happened within 2 minutes of driving.

Nice, i prefer boss i guess i'm just partial to them because of dealer support. getting 24hr service and parts whenever i need them

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-27-2010, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Nice pics and set-up!
2011 8x16 Pace Summit trailer
2010 Exmark TTHP 17/48
04 Exmark Viking 32"
96 Exmark Metro 36"
Echo, Redmax, and Shindaiwa handhelds. Husky chain saws.
2010 F-350 4x4 6.4 PSD w/ 8' Western plow.
1997 F-250 4x4 7.3 PSD
2004 Bobcat 61" 25hp ZTR for sale. 1100 hours, Under 10 hours on a TOTAL DECK REBUILD! PM for details
Old 09-27-2010, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Three new trucks is a big step. Hope the snow falls for you to make some money this winter. Keep up the good work.

Old 09-27-2010, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinek61 View Post
Three new trucks is a big step. Hope the snow falls for you to make some money this winter. Keep up the good work.
THanks, i am nervous as hell. its going to be huge growth and i dont know if im ready. Well i know im ready but i dont really know what its going to be like. I cant wait to plow though, im sick of leaves. I just hope i can get the dump intime for leave removals so i can just fill that sucker up and dump without unloading by hand.

The good thing about the contract that i did was i asked for 35 inches of snow upfront. that could be the whole season, or a 1/4 of the season depending on the winter. But the property owner gaurenteed me 35 inches of snow payment. thats mainly what made it able to buy the trucks upfront

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-27-2010, 11:31 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delonglandscaping View Post
THanks, i am nervous as hell. its going to be huge growth and i dont know if im ready. Well i know im ready but i dont really know what its going to be like. I cant wait to plow though, im sick of leaves. I just hope i can get the dump intime for leave removals so i can just fill that sucker up and dump without unloading by hand.

The good thing about the contract that i did was i asked for 35 inches of snow upfront. that could be the whole season, or a 1/4 of the season depending on the winter. But the property owner gaurenteed me 35 inches of snow payment. thats mainly what made it able to buy the trucks upfront
what happens if it doesn't snow? does he expect his money back? better hope you have a good amount of money in the bank!! even though you maybe buying trucks cash you still need to pay workers, buy salt, fuel, etc.

Seems a little far fetched to me but good luck.
(2) steel rakes
(1) plastic rake
(1) electric ryobi trimmer
Old 09-28-2010, 12:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KE-llc View Post
what happens if it doesn't snow? does he expect his money back? better hope you have a good amount of money in the bank!! even though you maybe buying trucks cash you still need to pay workers, buy salt, fuel, etc.

Seems a little far fetched to me but good luck.
Well it is written out in a contract.I do have quite a bit of savings and could prob be fine if i was to buy trucks without these contracts. But i guess i havent ever seen a winter without snow where i am. I dont know about you, but we get a lot of lake effect snow and pretty big storms around 8-12 inches sometimes.

And no, he doesnt expect his money back since i am taking care of all of his landscaping and lawn maintenance next year also.

Its not far fetched, its in writting.

Insured and Licensed
Old 09-28-2010, 11:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

You may have a contract but with the right lawyer they aren't worth the paper their written on. Even though it is writing i've seen people get screwed time after time.

Old 09-29-2010, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelinek61 View Post
You may have a contract but with the right lawyer they aren't worth the paper their written on. Even though it is writing i've seen people get screwed time after time.
i know what you mean but i dont understand how i am going to get screwed if i already have the check?

And the contract is notorized by my lawyer and his lawyer.

Its my employee and friends uncle and i know him very well. We have done a lot of work already for him and his accountant sends a check literally the same day i send the bill out . I get it one or two days later.

he wants his properties plowed so cars can get in there, he doesnt care how it gets done or weather the pavement gets scruffed up. Because 'it happends' to everyone eventually. He gets that i am young and gets what my company is about and is giving me a chance to show him what i got, so then he can give referal's to all his corporate buddys. haha

I got my new leaf loader in and it is sick.

Insured and Licensed