Register free!

Old 09-23-2010, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Conklin Lawn Care?

Anyone familiar with this stuff. I have used there oil and it is good but I was wondering about the lawn care products.
Old 09-24-2010, 01:55 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WREBELMACHINE View Post
Anyone familiar with this stuff. I have used there oil and it is good but I was wondering about the lawn care products.
I subbed out my applications for the last 3 years to a guy who used Conklin, and now this is my first year doing it on my own and I use Conklin. Great stuff! Only 2 applications per year is a great selling point to customers, and I rarely have weeds pop up in between the late spring and fall applications.
Old 09-25-2010, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used conklin products for about 7 years 28-0-0 side kick and the micros they all work good .

Still have about 100 gal of fert left just use it on the steep yards that i drag a hose on. Have try ed other products in my skid but haven't found any thing as good /user friendly. And its cheap compared to other liquid fert like it.

To me the big down fall is shipping it adds to much to the price.If you have some one in your area that gets truck loads of stuff that can save allot of money. And if you don't mind the networking marking thing. That part really scares people.

Still use wex just got 30 gals in sept that's some good stuff there.

Law enforcer lives in Minnesota that's where it made.

Charles Cue
Old 09-25-2010, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Is it organic or synthetic? What is the pricing of the stuff? I tried calling them but I just got a busy signal. From the looks of things it is a multimarketing company.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

The fert is synthetic.

You can't just call them and buy fert. It's network marking you have contact one of there IBO.

Last time i bought the fert it was like 6.50 a gal if you bought 275 gal mini bulk. But i know it has gone up.not being a IBO you would pay more.

Charles Cue
Old 09-25-2010, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

IBO or preferred customer? I was at one time a preferred customer but the only thing I bought was engine oil.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
IBO or preferred customer? I was at one time a preferred customer but the only thing I bought was engine oil.
I would say the preferred customer is some thing that person you bought off of made up. I am a IBO and have never herd of this. A IBO is a Independt Business owner. Like a Avon rep. It cost money to become a IBO.

Charles Cue
Old 09-25-2010, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Preferred customer is still on the web site. If you click enroll now it has two choices. I am going to PM you on the IBO info if you do not mind.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Preferred customer is still on the web site. If you click enroll now it has two choices. I am going to PM you on the IBO info if you do not mind.
Hay knock your self out.

You are right there is a preferred customer spot. I guess they have changed things thats what happens.

Charles Cue
Old 09-27-2010, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLES CUE View Post
I have used conklin products for about 7 years 28-0-0 side kick and the micros they all work good .

Still have about 100 gal of fert left just use it on the steep yards that i drag a hose on. Have try ed other products in my skid but haven't found any thing as good /user friendly. And its cheap compared to other liquid fert like it.

To me the big down fall is shipping it adds to much to the price.If you have some one in your area that gets truck loads of stuff that can save allot of money. And if you don't mind the networking marking thing. That part really scares people.

Still use wex just got 30 gals in sept that's some good stuff there.

Law enforcer lives in Minnesota that's where it made.

Charles Cue
I have an IBO in my town who supplies all the fert/micronutrients/etc to himself and 6 other applicators, so he buys 500 gallons of 0-0-28 at a time, which saves all of us money.
You just need to find someone who is reputable in your area that handles the Conklin stuff and you'll fall in love with it.