Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-05-2010, 10:39 AM
LawnSite Member

loader mount

Your set up looks great! I'm considering moving mine to the front of the truck. Question, the loader mounted in the side view picture above, appears to be mounted higher than the receiver hitch mount pictured earlier in the thread? Did you use a different mount for the loader? - Thanks - Ed
Old 12-05-2010, 11:12 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The mount is located between the two tow hooks. I guess it just looks higher with the loader mounted on it. Two things I'll be changing for next year will be removing the barn door style doors and replacing them with a solid rear door with the hinges mounted on the top. The angle of the dump and weight of the leaves will open it automatically when dumping. The barn door style bulged out way too far for my liking and made it difficullt to open at times. Second change will be a larger exhaust pipe. Currently I'm running a 6" pipe coming from the end of the loader and I've found it clogged far too much. The exhaust on the Billy goat is 7" so I think using a smaller 6" exhaust pipe is causing the clogging. I'll be using a larger 8" pipe next year. Other then those two things I have no complaints and really like the front end setup. Now I just need to decide whether to keep the box on all winter long and use this setup in the spring or break it down and only use it for the fall.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-05-2010, 01:32 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTmower View Post
The mount is located between the two tow hooks. I guess it just looks higher with the loader mounted on it. Two things I'll be changing for next year will be removing the barn door style doors and replacing them with a solid rear door with the hinges mounted on the top. The angle of the dump and weight of the leaves will open it automatically when dumping. The barn door style bulged out way too far for my liking and made it difficullt to open at times. Second change will be a larger exhaust pipe. Currently I'm running a 6" pipe coming from the end of the loader and I've found it clogged far too much. The exhaust on the Billy goat is 7" so I think using a smaller 6" exhaust pipe is causing the clogging. I'll be using a larger 8" pipe next year. Other then those two things I have no complaints and really like the front end setup. Now I just need to decide whether to keep the box on all winter long and use this setup in the spring or break it down and only use it for the fall.
Posted via Mobile Device
CT, First let me say awesome set up! 2nd, you might want to switch to a solid piece of PVC, not just up the size from 6" to 8". What you have now is as you said drainage pipe, the "ribs" are what's causing your clogging issues. With a regular piece of PVC you won't have anything for the debris to catch on.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

The pipe is actually smooth on the inside. I had the choice between the rough as u stated and smooth. It's definitely the smaller diameter causing the problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-05-2010, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTmower View Post
The pipe is actually smooth on the inside. I had the choice between the rough as u stated and smooth. It's definitely the smaller diameter causing the problem.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ah, OK, my mistake I thought by the look of it it was ribbed on the inside as well. Then upping the diameter of the pipe will be a huge improvement for you.
Old 12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond S. View Post
Just curious, what vac are you going to be using, meaning how many hp? Have you ever mounted a vac on the front before, I'm curious as to how well it will push. I have a 16hp Billygoat that I'm using but not sure if I want to mount it to the front vs. just mounting it to the back.
i mounted my 16HP giant vac on the front this year and it worked a lot better because i was able to tow my trailer as well
61'' Scag V-Ride 29 HP Kawi
48" Exmark Lazer Z HP
48'' Bobcat Ransome Mower
21'' Husqvarna Mower
Stihl FS55R Weedwacker
Stihl FS100RX Weedwacker
Stihl BR600 Backpack Blower
Stihl MS180C Chainsaw
Giant Vac Walk Behind Blower
Kawasaki KHT600S Hedge Trimmer
Giant Vac 16HP Leaf Loader
Old 12-10-2010, 02:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

like it, are you putting doors on the upper back?
cub cadet lawn mower 21 inch
Abunch of shovels, racks excetra.