Register free!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:31 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Interesting to see when Google's little spiders pick up their names in this thread and this appears in search engines.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:45 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Google's spiders have already picked it up

http://www.google.com/search?sclient...hp&q=IB+blades

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:10 PM
LawnSite Member

this is the worst company i have ever dealt with. i had ordered the "assassin" blade, talked the guy down to $59 bucks for that blade, 4 4" angle grinder blades and some shirts. a week later i get just the 14" blade in the mail but realized they had charged me $99 dollars. So i call them and tell them what happened and the are supposed to be sending me the rest of my order plus another assassin blade. well its been two weeks and havent got nothing in the mail so i called them a moment ago, speak to some sales guy that sounds stoned off his a$$, then the manager. He promised he'd get me the rest of my stuff and throw in another blade, but im worried about them charging me more for this.

i would never buy any products from this company. There "assassin" blade, supposed to be the fastest cutting, highest diamond content, etc. is one of the worst blades i have put on my saw. It cuts slow and from what little i have used it, bc i took it off, it seemed to wear rather quickly.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm awaiting another phone call from IB.....we shall see if this gets turn around.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:06 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I just got off the phone with IB Blades. Instead of having an adult conversation, I was yelled and cussed at. I'm also told that I'm one of only 2 or 3 that ever complain about blades. Given that others have responded to this post with the same problem, I guess it's safe to assume that "we" are those 2 or 3. I spoke with the owner who had not even read this thread but was told of it and I was threatened to have it off of Google (which is not able to be controlled) by Friday. This thread was simply a review of my experience in dealing with IB Blades and hopes of a nice resolution which appears to have passed. An unfortunate and avoidable situation.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:34 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I'm sorry you're having to go through so much crap with them. If they really are committed to creating and maintaining satisfied customers they would have corrected the problem from the get-go.

If he doesn't like his poor business actions discussed on the www, then perhaps he should take responsibility for his actions and correct them.

Did you catch his name?

I hate a dirty businessman .

Also, once your bank sees the fraudulent charges, The card companies may revoke his c card processing. The reason card processing companies do credit checks is to make sure you're not inclined to process fraudulent transactions.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by DVS Hardscaper; 11-16-2010 at 04:42 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS Hardscaper View Post

We currently buy cheap $80 blades from a local block supplier. They do fine for us. And I'm not so sure that wear out any faster than the $200 blades.

yeah, this is the way to go, why bother with some phone salesman, seriously.....its like buying mower blades over the phone, makes no sense. I get all my blades where i bought my saws. I always hang up on the "diamond blade" sales people as soon as i can, except their numbers usually show up as unavailable, or restricted for me, thats a huge red flag. I would rather support local business, besides reading some of these horror storied just concretes my feelings towards phone sales.
Old 11-16-2010, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tthomass View Post
hahaha, i like how the VP is the only contact for them, i'm sure he's the VP, secretary, human resources, and shipping and handling coordinator...haha

the site looks so fake. Most likely one guy in his garage setting up this scam. Buyer beware i guess ......
Old 11-16-2010, 07:37 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Blades and computers on the same boat?

I used to buy name brand computers (Dell, Gateway). Kinda as a piece of mind thing, kinda wantin to feel like I was gettin a Mercedes.

Well, I have a good friend that works on computers for the federal government as a federal contractor. And he always said "it doesn't matter what brand of computer you buy - all the internal parts are the same".

I was due for a new laptop. Funds are limited for me, so I did some price comparisons. I went with a Toshiba from Staples. About $200 less than a dell with the same features. So far - I love it, No regrets...yet!

DO WE REALLY NEED $200 - $250 blades???? The reality here is no one knows how many linear feet of product they're getting out of one blade. Our blades are not used just for cutting pavers. Sometimes we're cutting 8" block, sometimes we're cutting 4" caps, sometimes we're cutting steel, sometimes we're cutting into asphalt or an old sidewalk. Thus, none of us here really know the true lifespan of our blades.

Could our $80 blades last as long as the $200 blades???

- Say a $200 blade will cut 2000 linear feet. That equates to 10 cents / linear foot.

- Ok, so maybe the $80 blades do not last as long as the $200 blades. They may wear out a little faster, but I bet it's very minimal. Say it takes (2) $80 blades to cut 2500 linear feet. $160 / 2500 = 0.064 / linear foot.

With my theory - The $80 blades still work out to be less money. Even though this is only theory - I bet I'm right.

One of my former blade sales reps was dis-gruntled with his former employer. He said even after his commission, they still have a net profit in excess of 100%.

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
Old 11-16-2010, 07:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Another tip :

When we bought from World Diamond Source - I never paid via credit / debit card.

I paid C.O.D. VIA CHECK Paying COD can help allivaite the credit card frauds.

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-1 belt