Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 06-20-2011, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I asked this same question only on plowsite a few weeks back. We were set to do a 0% for 60mo deal on at least one new truck and then to find out, all 2011s have electric hydraulic assist pump steering and are NOT recommended for plowing. A. b/c its not strong enough, not as much as the normal steering pump by the access. belt, and B. The power draw while raising or turning the plow AND turning your steering wheel Fords bulletin said could stall the truck or cause severe power draw, so much for f150s and plowing, we'll continue to use our old 91, 03 and 06s i guess. I literally was a few days away from signing at a dealer before the 0% ended... boy that would have been culture shock when we mount plows on for this winter and they cant plow lol

Aside from that, they seem like awesome engines and i definitly would have gone 3.5TT , 6.2L or 5.0L yet heard the 6.2L only avail. in the C/C shorbed models :/
Old 06-20-2011, 10:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramairfreak98ss View Post
I asked this same question only on plowsite a few weeks back. We were set to do a 0% for 60mo deal on at least one new truck and then to find out, all 2011s have electric hydraulic assist pump steering and are NOT recommended for plowing. A. b/c its not strong enough, not as much as the normal steering pump by the access. belt, and B. The power draw while raising or turning the plow AND turning your steering wheel Fords bulletin said could stall the truck or cause severe power draw, so much for f150s and plowing, we'll continue to use our old 91, 03 and 06s i guess. I literally was a few days away from signing at a dealer before the 0% ended... boy that would have been culture shock when we mount plows on for this winter and they cant plow lol

Aside from that, they seem like awesome engines and i definitly would have gone 3.5TT , 6.2L or 5.0L yet heard the 6.2L only avail. in the C/C shorbed models :/

Give it some time, someone will have an aftermarket kit ready, that's always the case, everyone else is ahead of the curve inventing something better.

http://www.youtube.com/user/69rd96