Register free!

Old 10-11-2010, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Nature's Lawn

Does anyone have any flyers or postcards for advertising this service to your customers? I am looking for some ideas to make a flyer or postcard for my area. I have a few customers that have signed up for applications but i wanted to market it to everyone. My lawncare company is in texas on the coast east of houston so we have really bad clay soils but there are just not many people that do the whole areation thing...Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2010, 07:15 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

greetins and hello,

Field of Dreams LC is happy to announce our aeration and _________ services for the best natural( or whatever) care and maintenance of your landscape, our educated staff and industry tried program will enhance the looks of all plants and landscape while causing as little impact to the environment and building your soil to grow great plants and trees. our program utilizes the best materials and the latest technology, while honoring time tested organic gardening principles that are centuries old. our expertise draws on decades of research and knowledge that we have incorporated into or best management practices ( get them real ready for the sales pitch! OH YEAH!!) the rates we offer are competitive and the results can last lifetime. it is well know that a great looking landscape holds more value and health plants are less prone to failure in storms and hurricanes ( you do get those don't ya;} ). for an in depth analysis of your soil and lawn please call XXXXXXXXXX.
something sincere
natures lawn

now I got to wipe.................
Old 10-12-2010, 09:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

or

We are very pleased that you are reviewing our organic turf program, not only will we give you the results that you expect from a professional company like ours but this program will not expose your family, children and pets to chemical herbicides and pesticides. By the way, our highly trained technicians really like that too.

The base of our program is to build soil fertility, in fertile soil you can grow anything well. Did you know that dandelions prefer compacted, low calcium soil, dandelions and other weeds will not grow well in a balanced soil. By building soil fertility we can grow a great stand of turf with little to no weeds that you will be pleased with, chemical free.

Your program’s base is successful by using an age old practice of nutrient teas, for centuries nutrient teas have been used to ensure lush growth and the highest yield in agriculture. The advent of the “chemical” revolution suppressed that for over 50 years. Nutrient teas will enhance the turf with color and vigor without the top growth of chemical fertilizers (meaning you won’t have to mow as much), the teas work by allowing the plant to work more efficiently, supplying vital nutrients and building fertile soil.

If you want to see a great example of compost teas in action look at Harvard University, they have 1000’s of student a day walking across Harvard Yard, “This Old House” did a video on the results. Please go here to see how simple and productive a program like this is. http://www.uos.harvard.edu/fmo/lands...ng_video.shtml
If that is a little too long to type go to http://www.harvard.edu/ and hit their search button and type in “this old house”.
Notice the comment on how well the trees are doing as well, you will see the difference too

I would assume being so close to the water that water quality is an issue, developing fertile soil allows the soil to breath leading to soil porosity and aggregation which filters water rather than allowing it to run off

Last edited by ICT Bill; 10-12-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Hey I love both of those. Would you mind if I incorporate some of your copy into my website?

I currently use a flyer that I stick in neighbor's doors whenever I do a lawn. I need to update it, but it looks like this:

(btw the dotted lines are just guidelines. they don't show up on the printed cards.)
Old 10-12-2010, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonthepain View Post
Hey I love both of those. Would you mind if I incorporate some of your copy into my website?

I currently use a flyer that I stick in neighbor's doors whenever I do a lawn. I need to update it, but it looks like this:
Go ahead that is why I posted it, great flyer BTW
Old 10-12-2010, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, Bill.

I think the door card is too wordy, and I would change the copy some, but I still have a thousand or so left, so until then...

Maybe for spring I'll design something really simple. I'd just like to get people to the web site with it.

Field of Dreams, hopefully that will give you some ideas.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:31 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Simple works well, that was the only critique I had was it was too busy

Here is some more if you like, remember who the audience is, it may not be the most factual piece but if you get to technical you lose them quick. This is for zone 7 your program may be shorter or longer

We have seen wonderful results with the newer types of grass seed, it is a marked difference from even 5 years ago. The new types need less water (as much as 30% less) and are much more disease resistant.
Less water and no pesticides, sounds good to us. If your turf is of older varieties, fall is the best time for us to over seed a new variety for your yard.

March – April Early Spring: Natures pre-emergent crabgrass & weed control w/ lawn nutrition.
We apply a liquid corn gluten meal which is a byproduct of the corn starch industry, not only sustainable but a great source of nutrients for your turf. It promotes great color, density and at the same time destroys weed seeds that have come into your yard over the fall and winter. It attacks the root of the germinating seed so it cannot make a viable plant. You need to tell us if you plan to seed yourself in the spring, you can seed 3 weeks before or 3 weeks after application, but again, in our area fall is the best time for seeding

May – Jun. Late Spring Liquid Nutrition The first of 3 – 4 Compost tea fertilizer applications.
The first of 3 or 4 compost (nutrient) tea applications. The clay soils in our area have plenty of nutrients, probably enough to support grass in your yard for 100 years. The problem is that the nutrients are not available to the plant. By building soil fertility with our practices, the soil begins to open up and make these nutrients available, in organic farming it is called “nutrient cycling” and is the basis of the program used by (Company Name). Our objective is to use these practices to have fewer applications to your yard over time, reducing cost.

Jul. – Aug. Summer Liquid Nutrition
This one of the best times to be applying our teas, the soil has warmed and the beneficials in the soil are at their peak. By supplying the roots and shoots with the nutrients and food that they need you will notice a nice green up about 3 days after the application. This is also the time that our technicians will be checking your yard for any disease issues that may be showing up. The cool, wet, spring/summer of 2009 was the perfect environment for fungal diseases to grow and we expect them to show up again in 2010. We may, at this time, be suggesting an application of our Natural Plant Protection (NPP) that is very safe to you and yours but fights these disease pressures very well, keeping a nice stand of grass.

Sep – Oct – Late summer Early fall
The ideal time in our area for preparing your yard for the next spring and relieving it from drought and heat stress that is so common in our area coming out of August. Kelp is well known to help with heat stress in plants, our mix of organic nutrients (kelp, fish, humate, molasses) will prepare the soil and grass for dormancy. This is the time that plants store sugars and carbohydrates in the roots to winter over and have strength for the next year. It is also the most important time to get organic matter into the soil, organic matter is the gas that makes the engine run in an organic program
Old 10-12-2010, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

bill let me call you a tow truck !!!! then we can start to talk about the jokes that your startn to spew about corn or any of its BYPRODUCTS???? and sustainability. ya skate by with your use of the word tea ( implying steeped) and its lab grown 41 flavors, good on ya for your marketing there, but how the hell is corn sustainable??? its GMO pollution that rapes the earth of its resources and uses fossil fuel as its starter, then transport it and burn more fuel to mass market( at least you use the web) and now you say sustainable and corn in the same sentence, Bud whats the deal??? how about you give phill and i a call and we can fly you down and you can see the impact of corn and sugar with your own2!!!!! then move some of that tea, i'll get ya some leads
Old 10-12-2010, 09:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
greetings and hello,.........

now I got to wipe.................
Tree, nobody else laughed, butt I will.

Actually, that was pretty good marketing stuff.

"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine."
Old 10-12-2010, 09:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treegal1 View Post
bill let me call you a tow truck !!!! then we can start to talk about the jokes that your startn to spew about corn or any of its BYPRODUCTS???? and sustainability. ya skate by with your use of the word tea ( implying steeped) and its lab grown 41 flavors, good on ya for your marketing there, but how the hell is corn sustainable??? its GMO pollution that rapes the earth of its resources and uses fossil fuel as its starter, then transport it and burn more fuel to mass market( at least you use the web) and now you say sustainable and corn in the same sentence, Bud whats the deal??? how about you give phill and i a call and we can fly you down and you can see the impact of corn and sugar with your own2!!!!! then move some of that tea, i'll get ya some leads
I'll be down next month and will be sure to look you guys up, I still have your cell numbers if they haven't changed

In our case the CGM is a byproduct of the corn starch industry, in that sense it is a waste product that has another use

I love it when you give me a hard time because I know where it comes from, we can disagree on terminology, but we are just trying convert a bunch of chem heads with something that makes sense to them........the dark green side

The chem thinking is take a bottle off the shelf and apply, if you go much deeper than that it does not compute