Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-15-2010, 06:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Guess I 'm a brute !
Old 10-15-2010, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

ill join in here,

we have a ryan lawnaireV i think, the one that is 28in wide or so. it has been with us about 10 years now and we have had to replace three times all the linkages and bearings and the chain several times. this is despite making sure it is well lubed and oil on the chain etc. so yes, actaully it is not all that sturdy. we then bought a classen split drive which was a monster with no issues but kick your butt to use. no one wanted to use it and it sat.

then, we tryed a plugr 850 hydro. wow, so much better at its job and easier to use. we liked it so much we then bought a new 855 plugr which did have some issues with a defective part(think it is fixed now) has really been a great machine. it of course needs to stand the test of time, but i think it will. i feel we need to also phase out our ryan(now no one wants to use it) for another plugr, or honestly maybe a lawn solutions, dont know. i know what i want but that is another thread.
Old 10-15-2010, 09:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
ill join in here,

we have a ryan lawnaireV i think, the one that is 28in wide or so. it has been with us about 10 years now and we have had to replace three times all the linkages and bearings and the chain several times. this is despite making sure it is well lubed and oil on the chain etc. so yes, actaully it is not all that sturdy. we then bought a classen split drive which was a monster with no issues but kick your butt to use. no one wanted to use it and it sat.

then, we tryed a plugr 850 hydro. wow, so much better at its job and easier to use. we liked it so much we then bought a new 855 plugr which did have some issues with a defective part(think it is fixed now) has really been a great machine. it of course needs to stand the test of time, but i think it will. i feel we need to also phase out our ryan(now no one wants to use it) for another plugr, or honestly maybe a lawn solutions, dont know. i know what i want but that is another thread.
Anyone who has used a Classen or bluebird is a real man. I own one and hate doing aerations, I list it on my business card but I don't try to upsell it...I only do it if asked and I charge an arm and a leg for it since I will have to replace my arms when finished.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-15-2010, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

pretty much!!

i used it when we only had the two, ryan and classen, as i was the only one who could man handle it the best, plus i was a little smarter to use the steering ability to reduce the amount i had to lift it up and drop it down again.

we also have a classen pull behind which has been pretty nice to use and has done a good job, but i bent the shaft on it going in reverse with it and cought an underground freaking boulder with it. it is on the tractor with lots of weight on it so it pulls 4inch cores all day long.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:05 AM
LawnSite Member

Wow, I only compared mine to the Ryan 4 you could rent. It, Bluebird, was so much better. Classen wasn't real big in this area at the time I bought mine.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

A cam driven aerator is by far one of the easiest to use.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-16-2010, 07:56 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i used a bluebird once and hated it. i dont like any of their equipment, not operator friendly enough you know. tough, you bet though
Old 10-16-2010, 08:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by grassman177 View Post
i used a bluebird once and hated it. i dont like any of their equipment, not operator friendly enough you know. tough, you bet though
Bluebird and Classen are about the same torture device, I happen to prefer being tortured by a red machine (Classen)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-16-2010, 08:53 AM
LawnSite Member

So, who do y'all think makes the most user friendly machine that also does a good job in all conditions?
Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 PM
LawnSite Member

yep its my ls ride on!! its the best!! here is a pic in case you haven't seen one, totally worth the $$!
Attached Images