Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Online Site w/ Stihl Air Filters

I am looking for an online Stihl dealer or somewhere online I can get an air filter for my Stihl BG55 blower.

My local Stihl dealer is a couple french fried short of a happy meal. The local place I used to deal with that is 3 miles away from my Stihl dealer now stopped selling Stihl stuff about 4 years ago forcing me to switch to these guys I deal with now.

The last incident has caused me to throw in the towel and stop trying to force these people to take my money.

EDIT
I just found an ebay store, but would like to try an give my business to someone on this forum. Many parts will need to be ordered in the future.

Last edited by Will P.C.; 10-15-2010 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

You can get an after market filter from Stens or a dealer that sells stens parts, most mowers shops do. Do a google search and find an online store selling Stens parts.

No Stihl dealer can or will sell online. Stihl parts are only to be sold over the counter, per Stihl. This has its pros and cons for the consumer but thats how they role.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:16 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I was under the impression that you had to go into a brick and mortar store and order them in person from the dealer. I did a quick google search and did not really find any businesses that sold the whole line up of parts.

However, on ebay, cheapchainsawparts seems like he has all the parts for Stihl
Old 10-15-2010, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah there are parts here and there online, but you won't find a parts lookup online. You will have to go to a stihl dealer for all parts. There are filters and some minor parts that are made by aftermarket companies, but honestly they lack in quality big time. I recommend using only genuine oem parts.
Old 10-15-2010, 11:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I know you are looking for filters now. But, if you need parts for a carb, you can find online parts for the carbs. Carbs on my Stihl gear are Zama, and Zama parts can be found online.