Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 12-12-2011, 08:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly's Landscaping View Post
Some days I wish I stayed home. .
I can second that! You don't win if you don't play though... bad days are a part of the game

25 years old 7 years in business ownership
Old 12-14-2011, 06:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

My cleanup rig varies depending on what's on the schedule for the day. This was what I ran today.
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2011, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Wow those green barrels almost look new Darryl they even have the original metal handles. You ought to see my surviving 3 of them *shivers* I think one even has an intact bottom. Most have holes cut in under they metal hoop for handles now. But yours look sweet.
Old 12-15-2011, 11:19 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I crimp the handles on as soon as I get them. One barrel has a hole worn through the bottom. I keep 2 folded up cordura nylon tarps in the bottom of the bottom one to keep them from getting stuck together.

Do you think I need to get a bigger trailer for my mower...I'm afraid I might be overloading it.
Old 12-15-2011, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Depends I think your using it to cart the leaves away so it probably is the right size. Our standard load was a 36 tthp with an accelerator bagger. A 60 or 52 inch lazer with a trac vac system. One fradan 18hp self propelled blower one of our jrco leaf plows. 2 weed wackers and 4-5 br 600s depending on the crew size. 10 gallons of gas 5 gallons of 2 cycle 2 barrels a few saws and loppers and sometimes hedge trimmers for decorative grasses. And a few pitch forks rakes shovels and stuff like that. And then 2 20hp leaf vacs with leaf box trucks. We used the truck pulling the trailer for sticks and somedays we would come home with yards of sticks.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:08 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Depends I think your using it to cart the leaves away so it probably is the right size. Our standard load was a 36 tthp with an accelerator bagger. A 60 or 52 inch lazer with a trac vac system. One fradan 18hp self propelled blower one of our jrco leaf plows. 2 weed wackers and 4-5 br 600s depending on the crew size. 10 gallons of gas 5 gallons of 2 cycle 2 barrels a few saws and loppers and sometimes hedge trimmers for decorative grasses. And a few pitch forks rakes shovels and stuff like that. And then 2 20hp leaf vacs with leaf box trucks. We used the truck pulling the trailer for sticks and somedays we would come home with yards of sticks.
I was being sarcastic about the trailer not being being enough for my 21 incher. Usually it's either the landscape trailer with both mowers for the on-site disposal jobs or my Z in the dump for the haul aways. I ended up not needing either the mower or the dump trailer for the 2 jobs I was loaded for in the pictures. A neighbor actually wanted me to dump the leaves on their property, lol. I do have a leaf vac but haven't mounted it in a few years...I'd rather pick up with the mower.
Old 12-15-2011, 06:43 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

You have your sense of humor I have mine also your signature lists all your toys so I knew you used more then a 21. But you did say that was the set up for the day so perhaps it was a small gate back yard and you left the big boys at home.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
You have your sense of humor I have mine also your signature lists all your toys so I knew you used more then a 21. But you did say that was the set up for the day so perhaps it was a small gate back yard and you left the big boys at home.
The place is 95% pavers, beds and swimming pool and 5% grass...about a 5 foot wide strip 40 feet long. It didn't need a mow though.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Well better late than never. Here is my rig. the body on the F650 is a roll off so I can switch between leaf body and dump body quick.
Attached Images

Old 12-15-2011, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

That truck is HUGE

Lots for sale
http://www.ebay.com/sch/approvedjdm/...&_trksid=p3692