Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JContracting View Post
Take the bagger off, lift it into your truck bed and then blow out the bed with a blower. Repeat.
Posted via Mobile Device
how do i keep the leaves from blowing all over the place when im on my way to the dump site?
Old 11-28-2012, 01:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

A tarp. And either have ratchet straps over them diagonally (making an X) and/or your blowers/hedge trimmers on the top. This is what I did last year (1st yr in biz) and this year. Ill be buying a dump truck next year & leaf loader to make things either.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-07-2012, 01:03 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Not a very good pic, one I took while dumping. Normally the hose is attached to the side of the box but I have to take it off to dump, and I spin the chute sideways when I dump as well. I bought my own dump trailer this season, but I'm not happy with the size. Plan on trading it in for a bigger dump trailer next season so I'm not constantly running to the dump 3 or 4 times a day.

It's interesting to see how similar so many of these are.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 AM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-08-2012, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Seems as if everyone is done for the season the thread gets almost no updates in Dec. I only just pasted the halfway point in our fall this week. Already planning some major upgrades for next season. I want to build a one piece box that can be mounted in a very short time frame. Now I build 2 wooden boxes and with the crew changes and the wear and tear issues wood boxes have it can take an entire day to build one despite them already being prefabricated. So either steel or aluminum but I have never welded aluminum so that will be a learning experience. Also no idea how id lift them on and off I'll either need to set it up for forks on a tractor which I do not own or corner hooks for some sort of winch/crane that I also do not own yet. Add in the desire to take my 20 hp vacs and make them into trailer hitch mounted swing aways. Needless to say I am going to have some interesting pics next season. But I will be happy to retire the old gmc from leaf duty and use the ram 4500s for what they are built for moving very heavy loads.
Old 12-08-2012, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdman View Post

Not a very good pic, one I took while dumping. Normally the hose is attached to the side of the box but I have to take it off to dump, and I spin the chute sideways when I dump as well. I bought my own dump trailer this season, but I'm not happy with the size. Plan on trading it in for a bigger dump trailer next season so I'm not constantly running to the dump 3 or 4 times a day.

Thats a nice looking rig. You mentioned getting a bigger trailer, I was wondering if you pull the tarp back and climb in the trailer to pack the leaves down when it starts getting full? I do this in my truck and it makes a huge difference.
Wright Sentar Sport 52/19
Custom built bagging system
Lesco 36/13 WB
Billygoat 18hp truckloader
Bluebird plugger
Lesco split drive plugger
Lesco stainless steel spreader
Stihl BR600
Echo PB-620
assortment of chainsaws,weedeaters,hedge trimmers,sprayers and such
Old 12-08-2012, 11:42 AM
LawnSite Member

Stump grindings?

Anybody ever try picking up stump grindings with their leaf loader? I tried it the other day, about 10 cu yds from a huge cottonwood. It worked pretty well and turned the grindings into a nice double shred mulch... too bad I didn't have any where to put it.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:35 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like it when the pile has pine cones ir chestnuts as they help to compact the leaves as they are pelted into the box
61" Wright zk
ASV SR 70
Takeuchi 135
Kubota 7610 40" rotadarion
20' enclosed 10k lawncare trailer
18' aluminum 12k equipment trailer
35hp Giant Vac leaf loader
Old 12-08-2012, 09:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdman View Post

Dude, Thats gotta be about a 12' trailer.. You're sides could be way higher! Thats what i would do! Im sure you spent about 5k or more on it.. I would just make it work. Add sides (higher) and just make sure you get inside and start jumping around in it every once in a while.. It'll cut your dump time in half if not more! That ford can pull it!

My buddy does condo's and only has a 14' trailer..Bridges are like what 13' in michigan(?)
His box is all of 12'. No lie.... We dump at the same spot and you can literally smell the difference between my leaves (Which we dump daily) And His who can sit in the trailer for sometimes up to 4... Its crazy!

Last edited by lazor-cut; 12-08-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDLandscapes VT View Post
I have a similar set up. Do you have any problems with suction? How many vents are on that chipper cap?