Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-19-2010, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Member

GreenCare for Troops

My name is Joy and I manage GreenCare for Troops for Project EverGreen. I am back to try to reinterest some of you to help provide free lawn care to our military families nationwide while loved ones are currently deployed. My concentration areas at this time are in the states of KY, TN, NC, TX, and IA. This is my fourth year with this non-profit organization and we have helped thousands through our amazing volunteers. We live in a great nation and I am optimistic that we will continue to pull together to help in our US communities for those in need. Please visit our website www.projectevergreen.com/gcft and also please note that we have a new initiative to assist with snow removal, proudly sponsored by "The Boss" Snowplow. Thank you for your time and I hope all of you are making your way through this tough economy okay. Many blessings to you all.

If you have questions, my direct tele is: 888-611-2955 or email joywestenberg@projectevergreen.com
Old 10-20-2010, 08:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

My company has been doing this for 2 years now, we call it "Give Back to Green". I get free radio time weekly during the mowing season to talk about it. Whats sad is the bigger LCO's wont have a thing to do with it. But 4 other small LCO's and my self are doing it here.
Old 10-20-2010, 09:34 AM
LawnSite Member

sounds like a great program, once i have enough steady coustomers to offset that cost i will highly consider preticpating.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:25 PM
LawnSite Member

Super Idea! I already give a military discount, but this is even better. Just signed up.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Dear Joy i went online and filled out the required form but i have yet to hear anything back, is there any reason?
Old 10-28-2010, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglescout1993 View Post
sounds like a great program, once i have enough steady coustomers to offset that cost i will highly consider preticpating.
One or two yards shouldn't be a big deal, come on now.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

the big companies cant afford to have a 5-7 man crew stop to do a house....not when the labor is at or near 100.00 per hour....as most commercial biz's are...im sure with a little creativity and thought they would love to help somehow....we have about 4 that we do in our area...all from word of mouth....most are realitives of existing customers....
Old 10-28-2010, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR-G View Post
the big companies cant afford to have a 5-7 man crew stop to do a house....not when the labor is at or near 100.00 per hour....as most commercial biz's are...im sure with a little creativity and thought they would love to help somehow....we have about 4 that we do in our area...all from word of mouth....most are realitives of existing customers....
if the organizing group sets itself up correctly (non-porfit org) the company should be able to write off those mows as charitable donations.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:57 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoat View Post
if the organizing group sets itself up correctly (non-porfit org) the company should be able to write off those mows as charitable donations.
Exactly, ride it off on taxes.

To me there is no good excuse to not sign up for the program. These people are serving our country unconditionally weather we want them to or not. If it wasn't for people protecting our freedom, then I wouldn't have a business or any other rights we take for granted.

2005- Completion of University of Illinois Master Gardner's Program.
Old 10-29-2010, 07:27 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have 3 homes rental and i rent them out to military families they get free mowing free clean ups free plowing.