Register free!
Search
 
     

Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 10-21-2010, 06:50 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Should I summarize everything?

i will say this though Rocky the Griswold Rep was an interesting and good guy. Has a long history in the Industry (40 years) back to early HARDIE days and prior to that some. Was part of the initial SIGNATURE CONTROLS group. Unfortunately I was talking to him on a cell while he was driving across the Nevada desert so we lost contact a few times. I know the pin and the way it is cut is very important. He says when it gets down to the last part of the closure you can actually hear the water shhhhhing through right before the close. Absolutely no slam. They have gotten much more active on the HVAC side of things but with the same valve design principles. Always a good thing to follow up on queries. Never know where they will lead or who you'll meet. He's going to come by and visit my booth at the show. Now every other valve out there follows a very similar design. Slight variations but in general unless somebody has a valve they want to bring up follow the 80/20 rule as described by Jess Stryker.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:09 PM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Now every other valve out there follows a very similar design. Slight variations but in general unless somebody has a valve they want to bring up follow the 80/20 rule as described by Jess Stryker.
Unless you can provide closing speed and position specs and/or empirical data for every valve on the market, your opinion is nothing more than wild unsubstantiated assumption.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:11 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,054
Ask him if he can connect the dots with Signature and Thompson and Rain-O-Mat
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:11 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Well you clearly have made some valve decisions based on this issue why don't you share them with us.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:12 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Ask him if he can connect the dots with Signature and Thompson and Rain-O-Mat
Actually now that you mention it he brought up Thompson. Was also very active in sales with Rain-Jet as well.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:18 PM
Kiril Kiril is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: District 9 CA
Posts: 18,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Well you clearly have made some valve decisions based on this issue why don't you share them with us.
I think not, have things to do, but I'll give you a 5 for the avoidance attempt.

I will however give you this opinion. It is physically impossible for you to be a civil human being and treat other professionals with respect when they have a dissenting opinion or point out problems with your posted information and/or flaws in your logic.

BTW Pete ... I did share my valve decisions with you .... hence the Griswold. Yesterday you were basically slamming the Griswold valves and me for using them .... now you are holding the Griswold valve up like a champion. Amusing ..... isn't it?

Last edited by Kiril; 10-21-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,054
Thompson heads were almost scary. Size of a Minipaw, weight of a bowling ball.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:23 PM
DanaMac's Avatar
DanaMac DanaMac is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Somewhere in the state of CO
Posts: 12,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Never seen a double spring valve.
Are there other valves out there with no spring for the diaphragm besides the Greenlawn?
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:27 PM
FIMCO-MEISTER's Avatar
FIMCO-MEISTER FIMCO-MEISTER is offline
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Red State America
Posts: 18,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I think not, have things to do, but I'll give you a 5 for the avoidance attempt.

I will however give you this opinion. It is physically impossible for you to be a civil human being and treat other professionals with respect when they have a dissenting opinion or point out problems with your posted information and/or flaws in your logic.

BTW Pete ... I did share my valve decisions with you .... hence the Griswold. Yesterday you were basically slamming the Griswold valves .... now your are holding them up like a champion. Amusing ..... isn't it?
I'm amused. I don't think I ever slammed Griswold but I'll go back and look. My only complaint about Griswold is the great mass of irrigators aren't using them so they are a red herring in a discussion on water hammers. Can they be used as a solution? Absolutely. For discussion here though we are talking RB Hunter Irritrol Toro WMTIC. If one of those brands has advantages on water hammer issues I'd sure like to know about it. My experience is they are all about the same. So what percentage of your valve installs are Griswold?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 10-21-2010, 07:30 PM
Wet_Boots's Avatar
Wet_Boots Wet_Boots is online now
LawnSite Fanatic
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: metro NYC
Posts: 39,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
Are there other valves out there with no spring for the diaphragm besides the Greenlawn?
Toro Flo-Pro
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:03 PM.

Page generated in 0.10409 seconds with 8 queries