Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-21-2010, 06:50 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Should I summarize everything?

i will say this though Rocky the Griswold Rep was an interesting and good guy. Has a long history in the Industry (40 years) back to early HARDIE days and prior to that some. Was part of the initial SIGNATURE CONTROLS group. Unfortunately I was talking to him on a cell while he was driving across the Nevada desert so we lost contact a few times. I know the pin and the way it is cut is very important. He says when it gets down to the last part of the closure you can actually hear the water shhhhhing through right before the close. Absolutely no slam. They have gotten much more active on the HVAC side of things but with the same valve design principles. Always a good thing to follow up on queries. Never know where they will lead or who you'll meet. He's going to come by and visit my booth at the show. Now every other valve out there follows a very similar design. Slight variations but in general unless somebody has a valve they want to bring up follow the 80/20 rule as described by Jess Stryker.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
Now every other valve out there follows a very similar design. Slight variations but in general unless somebody has a valve they want to bring up follow the 80/20 rule as described by Jess Stryker.
Unless you can provide closing speed and position specs and/or empirical data for every valve on the market, your opinion is nothing more than wild unsubstantiated assumption.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Ask him if he can connect the dots with Signature and Thompson and Rain-O-Mat
Old 10-21-2010, 07:11 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Well you clearly have made some valve decisions based on this issue why don't you share them with us.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wet_Boots View Post
Ask him if he can connect the dots with Signature and Thompson and Rain-O-Mat
Actually now that you mention it he brought up Thompson. Was also very active in sales with Rain-Jet as well.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Well you clearly have made some valve decisions based on this issue why don't you share them with us.
I think not, have things to do, but I'll give you a 5 for the avoidance attempt.

I will however give you this opinion. It is physically impossible for you to be a civil human being and treat other professionals with respect when they have a dissenting opinion or point out problems with your posted information and/or flaws in your logic.

BTW Pete ... I did share my valve decisions with you .... hence the Griswold. Yesterday you were basically slamming the Griswold valves and me for using them .... now you are holding the Griswold valve up like a champion. Amusing ..... isn't it?

Last edited by Kiril; 10-21-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:20 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Thompson heads were almost scary. Size of a Minipaw, weight of a bowling ball.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Never seen a double spring valve.
Are there other valves out there with no spring for the diaphragm besides the Greenlawn?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:27 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
I think not, have things to do, but I'll give you a 5 for the avoidance attempt.

I will however give you this opinion. It is physically impossible for you to be a civil human being and treat other professionals with respect when they have a dissenting opinion or point out problems with your posted information and/or flaws in your logic.

BTW Pete ... I did share my valve decisions with you .... hence the Griswold. Yesterday you were basically slamming the Griswold valves .... now your are holding them up like a champion. Amusing ..... isn't it?
I'm amused. I don't think I ever slammed Griswold but I'll go back and look. My only complaint about Griswold is the great mass of irrigators aren't using them so they are a red herring in a discussion on water hammers. Can they be used as a solution? Absolutely. For discussion here though we are talking RB Hunter Irritrol Toro WMTIC. If one of those brands has advantages on water hammer issues I'd sure like to know about it. My experience is they are all about the same. So what percentage of your valve installs are Griswold?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
Are there other valves out there with no spring for the diaphragm besides the Greenlawn?
Toro Flo-Pro