Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-20-2010, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Commercial bid proposal

I am going to be mailing in bids to many different places around town, but i need to have a bid proposal. What are some things that you need to point out in the proposal? I am looking for it to be a very professional proposal and just want to know what to include in it.

I have never really used this approach to new work before, but i figured i would give it a try to see if I can get new work. I am just needing to know if I should be writing a letter and then attaching a bid to it? How would you guys go about doing this?
Old 10-21-2010, 05:49 PM
LawnSite Member

nobody has anything to add to this? I know there has to be some input on it. If you dont want to add anything then is there another thread that explains this?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What do you think should be in it? Do you have anything to start with?
Old 10-21-2010, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i dont have to much experience with this kinda proposal, i have done some like this with little to no sucess. I mailed out a letter with a proposal attached. The letter just stated a little about our company and explained what was attached.
Old 10-22-2010, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Yeah i was thinking i would talk about my company a little bit and then state my purpose for writing to them and explain what the bid was all about. I just want to know if there is anything specific i should include in it?
Old 10-22-2010, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

How can you bid the property without talking to them first to see what they are looking for?
Old 10-23-2010, 02:56 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnman_scott View Post
How can you bid the property without talking to them first to see what they are looking for?
A bid proposal isnt the same as a bid. Its a way of advertisement to get your foot in the door for when they are taking bids.
I went the same route but with bids. I called and ask when they were taking bids, the managers name(if I couldnt speak with them), and the fax number.
I got the fax number for cheap advertisement fliers year round. I went to the properties, wrote up a bid and hand delivered to the managers. No success yet but I promise you they know my company exist just by seeing my name. It also helps me out to do a few each year because I have a bid on file that I can submit every few months. They may have someone taking care of the property for the past 5 years. All it takes is one messup and they will be calling you.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

what do you mean. Mail in a bid proposial ?

Nothing wrong with mailing your company profile to companys.

but A bid ?

most of the time it takes me about 2 to 3 days to do a bid on commericial customers...
Old 11-08-2010, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

yes that seems like a lot of wasted time, paper, ink, and postage. Its less expensive to call them and discuss if they are going to be accepting proposals then carry on from there. Especially right now when I am trying to cut certain costs to help keep me competative with prices, I dont want to be wasting all that stuff. My phone bill stays the same whether i make 1 call or 1000 calls
Old 11-09-2010, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Member

Always, Always, Always deliver the bid in person! Strike up a conversation with the individual. That way they can put a name to your face. Then be persistent. Keep calling till you get a yes. Even if they say no, keep calling till they give you a yes, even if its two years down the road.