Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-27-2010, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I would not use particle board it falls apart when it gets wet. We used 3/4" plywood painted on all sides before we put it together, 2 coats of Behrs with the primer inside. On a side note used it today on 3 lawns worked great just have a few things to rearrange. The hose is to heavy to put on the front of the box everytime. I'm going to put it on the side so it can easily be put there between jobs and then arranged when dumping the load. Also have to seal the input around the discharge tube and build a access door to see how full the box is getting. I also installed bows in the top of the tarp to expand the room in the top of the trailer. I used 1/2" pvc with the clamps that come with them. Real cheap $9.50.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

looks nice.. where did you get your tarp from?

establishing roots in the community... www.mdlawns.com
Old 10-29-2010, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Ok so there is an upgrade kit for the pirannha shredder?????? So you see a big difference in the shredding????

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 10-29-2010, 06:19 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I have used particle board (OSB) for years without any problems

'My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it.' - Barack Obama
Old 10-30-2010, 09:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Shredded

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM Ventures View Post
Ok so there is an upgrade kit for the pirannha shredder?????? So you see a big difference in the shredding????
I just called my local Billy Goat dealer and ordered the blade and installed it over my impeller with a new bolt.
The tarp was from Tractor Supply $50.00 or so.
Around here the particle board falls apart when it rains. Thats why I took the other wood off the trailer it was already coming apart and I didn't want to deal with that during clean-up season.
Old 10-31-2010, 06:42 PM
LawnSite Member

That's why they call it fall-a-particle board. Lol
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2010, 11:31 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm sorry if you had said something earlier in the thread, but, what is this backpack blower rack/hanger that you mentioned in your OP? I'm intersted in doing something with mine but haven't seen a design yet that i feel comfortable basically hanging a $550 piece of equipment off of!

Summer Setup

Ford Trucks
PJ Trailers
JD & Wright Equipment/Mowers
Old 11-01-2010, 12:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

It just a basic bracket that holds the bottom and its secured on the top with a locking "t" bracket. Works well, have used them for 3 yrs with no issues. They can be welded or bolted in place. Costs about $25-$30 to build and weld.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwlandscaping View Post
I'm sorry if you had said something earlier in the thread, but, what is this backpack blower rack/hanger that you mentioned in your OP? I'm intersted in doing something with mine but haven't seen a design yet that i feel comfortable basically hanging a $550 piece of equipment off of!
I made my own T style blower rack. Welded the T and a hook for it to hang on. Also have a chain that locks it in so I can lock it. Much much better than leaving a $600 piece of equipment in the bed of your truck up for grabs.

Waiting on UPS to deliver my echo 770 any moment so now I'll have to buy the jungle jims double blower rack, which I feel even more comfortable with on ebay $90. If you are really interested ill show you where you can get it for $90, they're usually alot more.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I am converting my trailer so I can have the vac on the back tailgate rather than the front. I don't like having all the weight of the leaves on the rear of the trailer.
So my question is how do you have the vac mounted? Right now the tailgate drops but I am making it into barn doors so it will swing open. Every year the leaf box goes through a slight change as I think of things.