Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-25-2010, 08:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Certified Aquascape Contractor

Quick question CAC how many are certified
Old 10-26-2010, 01:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I dont use aquascape...... don't care for it, so why get certified?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurkn with amish View Post
I dont use aquascape...... don't care for it, so why get certified?
Wurkin,
how long have you been in biss..... me it has been 8 and i have learn that if you have just a little soming over you competitor you wen you give the quote that is worth loads
Old 10-27-2010, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm kinda on the same side of the fence as 'Wurkin'. I have nothing against Aquascapes and use them along with other manufacturers. I personally don't see the value of certification whether it is through Aquascape or IPPA. Most (99.9%) of potential clients have no idea who either of these groups are. Certification to a client is First-references and Second-more references. Certification by your customer base is all the certification you need. However, one should expand their knowledge of the trade continuously. Research!
Old 10-27-2010, 05:34 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i have been in the biz for "awhile" now. I do all aspects of landscaping so I see get certified in pavers, walls, ponds, sprinklers. Become authorized and we'll send people your way. No... I buy from you just like the other guys, give you my loyalty that should be enough. They should bend over backwards for us and do all they can to make us happy.
Old 10-27-2010, 05:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wurkn with amish View Post
i have been in the biz for "awhile" now. I do all aspects of landscaping so I see get certified in pavers, walls, ponds, sprinklers. Become authorized and we'll send people your way. No... I buy from you just like the other guys, give you my loyalty that should be enough. They should bend over backwards for us and do all they can to make us happy.
Give that man a cigar! I cut my teeth with ADI and still use them when I have a "Rockafeller" SP type build but most people can't afford to have ADI products installed. With ADI and stone and gravel your already at the $3K mark and that's for a no frills 8x10 cup of water. Now lets talk stone prices

Every supplier should be helping all contractors not just the "Buddy Club" members.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

i was really not looking to for the deal with them i was looking to see what kind of pond design certification was out there i see the CAC and the NAPP the CAC seems like it is a way just to sell more product( that was what i was trying to find out before i had any thing to say.
Old 10-31-2010, 08:41 AM
LawnSite Member

When I put my pond in the Aquascape Certified Supplier was the only place I could find near me for supplies. But since that time, I have found the same products at various other places much cheaper.

Just 2 examples;
- my 9000 gph pump cost $1,000, I have found the same one for less than &800

- rock from 8" - 24" $119/Ton, 40"+ $190/Ton- I paid $240 for 15 Tons varying from 8" - 40"
- washed river rock at 1/2" - 3" $ 225/Ton - I paid $145 for 3 Tons

My ignorance cost me but I will say that the guy at the Aquascape dealer, was very helpful and gave me some excellent advice. And he said he gave it to me because I was way too far for him come and help without costing me a small fortune.....$195/hour including travel of 1 1/2 each way.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niagara Falls View Post
My ignorance cost me but I will say that the guy at the Aquascape dealer, was very helpful and gave me some excellent advice. And he said he gave it to me because I was way too far for him come and help without costing me a small fortune.....$195/hour including travel of 1 1/2 each way.
Damn!! For that rate I would have come from here in Florida and included a free car wash!
Old 01-13-2011, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Member

For the price of ADI you can invest in much better product for you customers by buying SAvio components. no offense to ADI but the quality of the product is not the best and moe in the class of Atlantic but with a bigger marketing scheme behind it. Don't fall for the smoke and mirrors that ADI puts out. Hold their product up to Atlantic and you have almost identical quality..now how either ADi or Atlantic up to Savio and you make the call from there..You will see the obvious chioce...and Savio components are so easy to work with no glue. no nonsense...