Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 10-28-2010, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Summer project finished

I posted a while back on this project, its about finished for the season and will follow up next year with softscape. The owner will get some good shots next season once the planting is done and the waterfalls are operational. Total of 6 weeks and roughly 100 pallets of material, all techo.
Attached Images

Old 10-28-2010, 09:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! Awesome job! Looks great.I hope to someday get into hardscape. Is there much for profit in a big job like this? Just curious.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-28-2010, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Great work, very nice cuts around boulders. Should have made that diving rock bigger on the pool haha. Not a fan of block walls and steps prefer natural stone, still good work though.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott hicks View Post
Wow! Awesome job! Looks great.I hope to someday get into hardscape. Is there much for profit in a big job like this? Just curious.
Honestly, no there isn't. He does it because he enjoys it that much. LOL

BTW... Looks awesome Andy
Old 10-28-2010, 10:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott hicks View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
I would say yes.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:13 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Looks great. Nice job!

Cept.....the landscape gravel adds too much hardness. Mulch and perennials would be a much softer touch......

"People Throw Rocks At Things That Shine"

My Equipment Brag List:

-1 CAT hat
-16 pairs of Hanes socks (the Heavy Duty model), many with holes.
-12 pairs of underwear, ranging from Joe Boxers to Jockey, many are in need of replacement. (no more photo requests please)
-hundreds of t-shirts. Some w/ grease stains, some torn & tattered.
-7 pairs of jeans, ranging from Levis to Polo to GAP. 1/2 of them have holes in 'em.
-1 belt
-1 pair of old worn out Nike shoes.
Old 10-29-2010, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Really, really nice Zedo! This project is a great example of a quality, well thought out, design, coupled together with a quality (attention to details) install. Did this project take longer than you expected to complete? Share some of the war stories on this one. Have any before pics? Great work! Two big thumbs up.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:08 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Awesome job! I bet you are happy that you're done for the winter!

From the last picture, I'm wondering why the left pillar isn't square to the one in the middle (to the right of the stairs?). The one on the far side looks good, but IDK, it just seems like it should be 1-1.5' back and turned 45 degrees. IT may just be the POV, and it probably didn't work that way because of the shape of the patio... I just looked at the first picture again, and it does seem to flow pretty well.

The boulder in the 4th picture is great!

It looks like you have a sitting wall near where the table and chairs are??? I just looked again...planter! I look forward to seeing everything planted. (how high is the wall in that area BTW?

Which type of wall block and pave stones did you use?

Did you supply irrigation tho the in-wall planters?

25 years old 7 years in business ownership
Old 10-29-2010, 06:06 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amscapes03 View Post
Really, really nice Zedo! This project is a great example of a quality, well thought out, design, coupled together with a quality (attention to details) install. Did this project take longer than you expected to complete? Share some of the war stories on this one. Have any before pics? Great work! Two big thumbs up.
Thanks for the imput everyone, Andrew, I know it looks a bit on the harsh side, but to be honest with you the patio was supposed to be the extent of the job and the pool was not even considered in the original design so there wasn't alot of thought or preparation put into the pool surroundings. We do have a landscape plan I had my designer make up for me and next season we will be softening the entire back yard to complete the project. But you're right maybe we should of put mulch instead but with the wind that howls in the back yard most would end up in the pool.
The back patio in question took one month to the day, Aug. 19 to Sept.19th. but also included 600sq.ft interlock for the front and a couple of small retaining walls. In total about 4 men on average @ 11 hour days, everything went as planned and maybe even better than planned!!. We did lose a couple of days due to rain, it was a rainy season one of the worst in recent memory.

Here is the back yard as it looked the day we started, with an in progress shot during the first week.
Attached Images

Old 10-29-2010, 06:41 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyslawncare View Post
Awesome job! I bet you are happy that you're done for the winter!
From the last picture, I'm wondering why the left pillar isn't square to the one in the middle (to the right of the stairs?). The one on the far side looks good, but IDK, it just seems like it should be 1-1.5' back and turned 45 degrees. IT may just be the POV, and it probably didn't work that way because of the shape of the patio... I just looked at the first picture again, and it does seem to flow pretty well.
The boulder in the 4th picture is great! I really like how this one looks as well.

It looks like you have a sitting wall near where the table and chairs are??? I just looked again...planter! I look forward to seeing everything planted. (how high is the wall in that area BTW?
Which type of wall block and pave stones did you use? "

Did you supply irrigation tho the in-wall planters?
We still have another 2 weeks then thats about it for the season, I need rest from work and employees!
Nothing is on a 45 here, just where it needs to go, there were a few adjustments along the way to make it flow just right.
Wall is somewhere around 4' tall, with a layer of geogrid, clear stone and non woven to line the walls. No irrigation, but lots of lighting.
Techo mini creta 3 and 6", brick is "mista" and "flagstone" and "villagio