Register free!

Old 04-13-2011, 10:09 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Sounds like a cash cow to me. Maybe you are right ..... you aren't cut out for this line of work.
Dana needs some serious butt kicking.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Leary View Post
Dana needs some serious butt kicking.
Or a box of tissues.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

If they are willing to pay, I am willing to upgrade. I am not going to be continuously running back for a seeping FloPro. They turned the system off mid season last year due to water bill of $700 one month, and $1000 the next. I had three seeping valves today. No way they will be redoing the entire system, at least in one year. I am going to propose for this year, replacing all the valves, and change to one controller - preferably exterior. Redesign the zones next year. Their turf is crap right now anyway, dirt in some areas.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:01 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Dana gets the award this month:
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2011, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanaMac View Post
If they are willing to pay, I am willing to upgrade. I am not going to be continuously running back for a seeping FloPro. Redesign the zones next year. Their turf is crap right now anyway, dirt in some areas.
Let me guess, was this installed by the weekend warrior? "You can do it, we can help"
Old 04-14-2011, 12:47 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

easier money to be made that's for sure. Getting nickled and dimed on repairs when its one screwed up mess isn't how good profits are made. Great opportunity to do service work doesn't always equate with making good value for one's time.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Dana,

How often to you run into the toro vision controller's? That guy that came from colorado over to here last year I remember he said he's never seen that controller before.. They are everywhere here.

That's a good idea... you should come up with some sort of 3-4 paragraph explanation of toro flo systems and upgrading with the reasoning why.. Save it and when it happens just send it to the client
Old 04-14-2011, 07:15 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiril View Post
Sounds like a cash cow to me. Maybe you are right ..... you aren't cut out for this line of work.
Only a cash cow if the cow is willing to spend the cash.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuttering Stan View Post
Let me guess, was this installed by the weekend warrior? "You can do it, we can help"
Third homeowner, so the system has been in way before these folks moved in. I think they may have bought it on a foreclosure deal.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:23 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIMCO-MEISTER View Post
easier money to be made that's for sure. Getting nickled and dimed on repairs when its one screwed up mess isn't how good profits are made. Great opportunity to do service work doesn't always equate with making good value for one's time.
Very true. On a job like this, doing repairs as they are needed, takes away from me getting to the people that have put in the time and money to have a good system from the beginning. Going back every other week to repair a seeping or stuck valve, and busting my hands up due to too many valves in a box, is not my idea of easy money or a "cash cow".

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchgo View Post
Dana,

How often to you run into the toro vision controller's? That guy that came from colorado over to here last year I remember he said he's never seen that controller before.. They are everywhere here.

That's a good idea... you should come up with some sort of 3-4 paragraph explanation of toro flo systems and upgrading with the reasoning why.. Save it and when it happens just send it to the client
I see the Vision controller often enough here. Maybe one every other week. When ever I see the Vision controller on a new job, I expect Flow Pro valves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AI Inc View Post
Only a cash cow if the cow is willing to spend the cash.
Yup. They would be better served having a full, new landscaping and irrigation job on the entire property.

Hey! I just learned how to multi-quote! An old dog can learn something on his own I guess. It might take 10 years, but he can do it.