Register free!
Search
 
     

The Green Industry's Resource Center


Click for Weather
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-30-2010, 09:50 AM
hotrod1965 hotrod1965 is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 537
who has a website

Hey you guys with websites, we should be working together to link our sites together. This will help you rank better locally on search engines.
__________________
The LED Warehouse
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-30-2010, 10:18 AM
Don M. Don M. is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Gray Summit, Missouri
Posts: 90
Why not just set up a blog at blogspot, write some blogs and send the links to your site?

You can do the same with wordpress. Just make sure your domain is titled correctly.

This is one I did for my pressure washing site. Mind you, I havent updated it in a while since I rank good locally for my services.

www.stlouiscleaning.blogspot.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-30-2010, 06:05 PM
hotrod1965 hotrod1965 is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M. View Post
Why not just set up a blog at blogspot, write some blogs and send the links to your site?

You can do the same with wordpress. Just make sure your domain is titled correctly.

This is one I did for my pressure washing site. Mind you, I havent updated it in a while since I rank good locally for my services.

www.stlouiscleaning.blogspot.com
What will happen is that you will have a bunch of links from the same site pointing to the same site.... Google will catch on and it wont help you that much.
__________________
The LED Warehouse
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-30-2010, 09:27 PM
Don M. Don M. is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Gray Summit, Missouri
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrod1965 View Post
What will happen is that you will have a bunch of links from the same site pointing to the same site.... Google will catch on and it wont help you that much.
My website guy always told me its a waste of time to trade links with contractors, because its a wash. It doesnt help much.

Yes, I agree, you cant just do a blogspot acct. You can do several things for free. Spread it out a little.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-30-2010, 10:41 PM
hotrod1965 hotrod1965 is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M. View Post
My website guy always told me its a waste of time to trade links with contractors, because its a wash. It doesnt help much.

Yes, I agree, you cant just do a blogspot acct. You can do several things for free. Spread it out a little.
It will help you rank locally. How many other holiday lighting contractors do you think there are in your area with websites? It's not very competitive so all you need is a little push.
__________________
The LED Warehouse
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-07-2010, 01:24 PM
lawncarede lawncarede is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
Having sites link to yours won't really help you unless they already have a high page rank.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-08-2010, 11:44 AM
lawncarede lawncarede is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 5
In addition to craigslist, you can also do pay per click on google. There is probably very little competition for it.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-11-2010, 06:03 PM
yard_smart's Avatar
yard_smart yard_smart is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Carrollton, KY
Posts: 592
our site might be 4 months old. We did know linking to other contractors.

http://www.google.com/search?q=holid...ient=firefox-a

Number one organic listing
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:58 PM.

Page generated in 0.08249 seconds with 7 queries