Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-31-2010, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Speeding tickets??

Ok so I got pulled over on friday evening for speeding-first time I have ever been pulled over-it was a state cop. I was in my 2500HD pulling a 24ft pintle trailer. The cop said I was doing 68 but when I saw him I looked down and was doing 60. The road is a 55mph road but there is a half mile stretch that was 40mph and that is where he was sitting.
He ending up giving me a disobeying traffic sign ticket where there is no points just a fine and thats it, its only a bit over $100. So that was pretty nice but the thing that bothered me the most was he didnt believe I owed the buisness(lettered truck) he actually came back outta the car a second time and questioned me on the size and year of truck thinking it was a company truck
Anyways Does anyone no if this will affect my insurance at all like I said no points or anything? I was real respectful to him I think in the end he still didnt believe it was my business and just wanted to give me a ticket mind this was at 6:17-6-33pm his shift probably ended at 7 . I was never one to speed just go with the flow of traffic there was actually another chevy truck right behind me. Also anyone got any good stories of being pulled over?
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Bobcat CT225 tractor-loader
Wright Stander 48" RH & 48" X
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=242555
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/bobcat61590
Old 11-02-2010, 09:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

no ticket !

About 30 years ago I got pulled over. The cop said I've been behind you for 2miles with my lights flashing why didn't you pull over? This is what happen. I'am driving a dulley pulling a 32' race car trailer. It's 3am. My friend who was driving behind me calls on the cb and said your rear door is falling off! The trailer is only 3 weeks old. The piano hinge broke. My friend said the cables are dragging it behind the trailer. Sooo - I didn't want to stop inside the Chesapeake bay tunnel so I drug the door 2 miles till I could pull over. I didn't see the cops lights because all the sparks. I told the cop it was to dangerous to stop in the tunnel and he agreed with me. No ticket. The cop said he woud not know what to write down anyway.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

I'm not sure how many times I've been pulled over but I do know its been more than 45 times. I've had 80+ citations but now have a clean MVR except 1 speeding ticket. Alot of my citations were when I was much younger and received many noise ordinace violations. The most citations I got at one time was 6: improper use of turn signal, noise ord., no seat belt, no corrective lenses, missing brake light, no proof of insurance, but he missed that I was running 64 in a 45. These were back in the day when I worked in a car stereo shop and later worked as a regional sales rep for Sony Autosound. I also received several driving trucks over the road, really no way around getting them if your doing your job out there. I know that sounds like alot but I've got many miles under my butt, well over 1.4 million miles myself between work and personal vehicals, much more than most people at 31 years of age. I'm glad that I've grown up seince those days, its much cheaper to play by the rules. Young and stupid is exspensive!
Old 11-02-2010, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
About 30 years ago I got pulled over. The cop said I've been behind you for 2miles with my lights flashing why didn't you pull over? This is what happen. I'am driving a dulley pulling a 32' race car trailer. It's 3am. My friend who was driving behind me calls on the cb and said your rear door is falling off! The trailer is only 3 weeks old. The piano hinge broke. My friend said the cables are dragging it behind the trailer. Sooo - I didn't want to stop inside the Chesapeake bay tunnel so I drug the door 2 miles till I could pull over. I didn't see the cops lights because all the sparks. I told the cop it was to dangerous to stop in the tunnel and he agreed with me. No ticket. The cop said he woud not know what to write down anyway.
lucky!
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstarlawns View Post
I'm not sure how many times I've been pulled over but I do know its been more than 45 times. I've had 80+ citations but now have a clean MVR except 1 speeding ticket. Alot of my citations were when I was much younger and received many noise ordinace violations. The most citations I got at one time was 6: improper use of turn signal, noise ord., no seat belt, no corrective lenses, missing brake light, no proof of insurance, but he missed that I was running 64 in a 45. These were back in the day when I worked in a car stereo shop and later worked as a regional sales rep for Sony Autosound. I also received several driving trucks over the road, really no way around getting them if your doing your job out there. I know that sounds like alot but I've got many miles under my butt, well over 1.4 million miles myself between work and personal vehicals, much more than most people at 31 years of age. I'm glad that I've grown up seince those days, its much cheaper to play by the rules. Young and stupid is exspensive!
Wow yeah thats alotta miles yeah like I said I dont really speed just go with the flow of traffic there was another truck(no clue who it was) right behind me
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
Youtube Channel:
Old 11-02-2010, 10:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I got nailed doing 48 in a 35...I guess 6 years ago. No, 5 years, I was a senior in high school But any rate, the cop tried to teach me a lesson, and I'll tell you, after that $150 fine and 2 points for going 13mph over (at the bottom of a hill), I'm very speed conscious now. But I also know the laws, so I typically go 5-9mph over, sometimes faster in traffic conditions. Heck, I passed a cop on the 76 a few weeks back doing 70 in a 65 and guess what? No problem. I just judge the situation and adjust my speed accordingly.

I think my speed-o-meter may be a few miles fast, but I think that's a good thing.

Pittsburgh/Western PA Landscapers Networking Thread

For Sale Chevy truck parts
Old 11-02-2010, 11:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93Chevy View Post
I got nailed doing 48 in a 35...I guess 6 years ago. No, 5 years, I was a senior in high school But any rate, the cop tried to teach me a lesson, and I'll tell you, after that $150 fine and 2 points for going 13mph over (at the bottom of a hill), I'm very speed conscious now. But I also know the laws, so I typically go 5-9mph over, sometimes faster in traffic conditions. Heck, I passed a cop on the 76 a few weeks back doing 70 in a 65 and guess what? No problem. I just judge the situation and adjust my speed accordingly.

I think my speed-o-meter may be a few miles fast, but I think that's a good thing.
yeah thats about how I drive I usually cruise at 71-72 on I79
2008 Chevy Duramax
2007 Chevy 3500HD Dump
2003 Chevy 2500HD

6x16 Tandem Trailer
5x10 SS Trailer
5x8 Dump Trailer
Quick 36”
JD GT225
(2)Honda HRX 217's
Echo & Stihl handhelds

*Link to my thread*
Youtube Channel:
Old 11-03-2010, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Look on your ticket, if the box that says local ordinance is checked no points and no rise in insurance rates.

I have paid my stupid tax many times...but I have not had a ticket in many years, tickets are not good for my blood pressure!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2010, 01:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

ive been pulled over! now im the police pulling people over

Landscape Contractors
Louisiana Licensed: Landscape/Horticulturist, Commercial Ground Applicator, Arborist, Irrigation Contractor, Utility Arborist

Onsite Sandbagging, Palletized Sandbags & Bulk Totes, Emergency Response, Erosion & StormWater Barriers
Old 11-03-2010, 01:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

I got a speeding ticket but one of my clients is a lawyer so I got out of that one!
And I'm only 18 and was going 13 over in a 35!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-03-2010, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrayzKajun View Post
ive been pulled over! now im the police pulling people over
pig! ........ :-)
Posted via Mobile Device