Register free!

Old 11-02-2010, 04:27 PM
LawnSite Member

Lawn Solutions,

How do you come up with your down pressure numbers. I'm no engineer but how do you get 400lbs of DP on a machine that doesn't weigh 400lbs? Wouldn't you need the machine itself to have a balanced weight of more than the down pressure a cylinder can create?

In theory, if the machine weighed less than the DP available, and the soil was dry, wouldnt it lift the machine upwards?
Old 11-02-2010, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnSolutionsCP View Post
Any comments on our "Super Modified" riding aerator at the EXPO. Couple of our engineering co-ops built it the night before. They asked and I told thems sure once everything is done for the show. I didn't even know they were bringin it until the morning of the show.

The night before, starting at 10:00 PM, they went back to the shop and built the custom pipes and header..... I was impressed how well it sounded. They are aslo the ones who build the Mini Baja Racer that we had in our outdoor booth last year.
I did hear several people say"Thats to loud to put on a residential lawn".They thought all of your aerators would sound like that.Maybe you should have done a custom paint job so every body would know it was a Custom project.I did think it was cool.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Great to meet you, A plus!!!

If you don't like my opinion...go around back for another view.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by br549oicu8 View Post
Great to meet you, A plus!!!
Same here. My dad enjoyed talking to you also.He wants me to show him your pictures again of your shop and work.Sorry about trying to sell you a T3000
Old 11-02-2010, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Show the videos! This thing was a beast! Great for shows.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnSolutionsCP View Post
Any comments on our "Super Modified" riding aerator at the EXPO. Couple of our engineering co-ops built it the night before. They asked and I told thems sure once everything is done for the show. I didn't even know they were bringin it until the morning of the show.

The night before, starting at 10:00 PM, they went back to the shop and built the custom pipes and header..... I was impressed how well it sounded. They are aslo the ones who build the Mini Baja Racer that we had in our outdoor booth last year.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot James View Post
Show the videos! This thing was a beast! Great for shows.
Exactly! Everyone's talking about how great this thing is, but I've yet to see any quality videos. Maybe their marketing team needs a redesign too? lol
Old 11-02-2010, 09:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

There are videos of the 21, 24 and ride on on this site do a search - I'm talking about hotdog rideing on just the tines popping wheelies and the straight pipes he had which made it sound like a Harley. LS rocks and provides tons of info and videos to this site - lots on utube to do a simple search and you will find what you need. How many plugs you want these unit will deliver even more!
Old 11-02-2010, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

We don't need no videos to know what the LS ride-on aerator can do. David was kind enough to visit us on several occasions and allow us to demo it. It is awesome! Actually one of a kind. Nobody else offers such a unit. We are still considering the LS ride-on in the future.

Reasons:

1) you can run a one-man aeration crew instead of two (except for small gates/backyards)

2) the plug depth is awesome (adjustable for hard ground like we currently have)

3) the quality/durability of the machine appears to be high quality (especially regarding the new pumps & high quality chains)

Not sure about the LS walk-behind unit yet, cuz we're currently only pulling 1 - 1 1/2 inch plugs with all four weights in place. My guys take the TURFCO walk-behinds out everyday and leave the LS walk-behind aerator in the shop. Not sure what's going on there, but I let my guys pick & choose. Go figure. Heck -- we're still using a twenty-year-old Ryan walk-behind......seems they were better built compared to what Ryan offers nowadays.

Our 2 cents
Old 11-02-2010, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The single hydro at GIE was different than the one listed on the Lawn Sol. website.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot James View Post
There are videos of the 21, 24 and ride on on this site do a search - I'm talking about hotdog rideing on just the tines popping wheelies and the straight pipes he had which made it sound like a Harley. LS rocks and provides tons of info and videos to this site - lots on utube to do a simple search and you will find what you need. How many plugs you want these unit will deliver even more!
Thanks Barefoot, but there are no videos of the 24 dual hydro on their website and the video of the 21 doesn't show the quality of the plugs it pulls. The only video I've seen of the 24 dual hyrdo is the one LS did with a cell phone...not very good quality and again, doesn't show the plug quality.

I know that the 24 dual hyrdo is new, but I would think that somebody would at least have some video or pics of what it can do. Thanks again everyone.