Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-23-2011, 11:13 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Goilawn is expensive to me.
Old 02-23-2011, 02:20 PM
LawnSite Member

I use google maps first to make sure that it will pull up the right address or at least take a look at the neighborhood if I think there will be an issue. Also, I was under the impression that with every address it included 4 walking man maps too.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Member

Too expensive...especially with the wrong addresses.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Once they get a competitor it will drop in price.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2011, 03:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont see how its so expensive,

We just bid 20 local bank locations with it, got the square footage to figure mowing and fert. prices. Its a muhc more clear picture than google earth. But I will say this, all the time I was using go ilawn I was running google earth as well to use the street view portion to get a more closer look at the front, streetside, etc look of the property. Like anything else its not a magic wand but it has its uses and applications.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

been using goilawn and love it. I have been measuring neighborhoods I want to send a bulk mailing to. I can do around 100- 200 lawns in some areas for the price on one. Great marketing tool.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Started using it last year. Works great as long as you check the address with Google, like others here have said. I like that once you measure the property it puts all the info into a excel spread sheet to keep track of everything. Only problem I have here is the photos they use are from 2006. A lot has changed since then.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I like goilawn, but my biggest beef is paying to view a property multiple times. Sometimes when I am bidding something, I dont always have the time to finish my measurements at that time. Maybe I have 30 minutes before a meeting or something else I have going on, and start measuring things, then I save it and go back and im charged to view that property again. Yes I could leave the information open, but I work from my laptop so I have to shut it all down when I go from the office to home. Thats annoying.

It only occurs on larger properties im bidding since they generally take longer to measure, whether in goilawn or in person
Old 02-27-2011, 05:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukemelo216 View Post
I like goilawn, but my biggest beef is paying to view a property multiple times. Sometimes when I am bidding something, I dont always have the time to finish my measurements at that time. Maybe I have 30 minutes before a meeting or something else I have going on, and start measuring things, then I save it and go back and im charged to view that property again. Yes I could leave the information open, but I work from my laptop so I have to shut it all down when I go from the office to home. Thats annoying.

It only occurs on larger properties im bidding since they generally take longer to measure, whether in goilawn or in person
Not true, hit the workspace tab and save your work, while you save it and rename it keep the extension or it won't re load, go back anytime and measure anything you want again no extra charge. Believe me I use it and its better than anything free out there its way more detailed. I can measure multiple homes with one charge, I'm currently bidding a community over 10 acres with 220 units, common areas, basins, baseball field, tennis court areas, pool areas, its way cheaper than if I had to go and physically measure all of that.
Old 02-28-2011, 12:30 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I know how to do that. But if you save it as a workspace file with the .lwn extention, and close it. Go back and open it up again, it charges you for another transaction. I just tried it. I went under my account, looked under the pay as you go summary, and it had 10 purchases, opened up a project im working on (workspace file) did some work. saved it and closed it. Logged back in and went to my account and clicked pay as you go summary and it went from 10 to 11