Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-01-2013, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Member

It doesn't cost extra to look at more photos

Ron,
You are allowed to walk into 4 other pictures when you look at a property on Go iLawn before you are charged again. Each "walk" doesn't cost $3. You are also prompted with a dialogue box that tells you when that will occur, so if you are about to spend another $3, you will have to decide that you are going to before it happens.

If you're having trouble locating the properties, use the street address with zip code to locate it. It will literally look for the property boundaries for the address, so it's very accurate.

For commercial properties, check out the neighborhood view. It shows you more geography in a photo. Some people measure entire residential subdivisions from the neighborhood view for $3.

Real Green charges $.85/search after you buy the software, somewhere between $5k and $10k, then the measuring assistant module on top of initial software purchase.

You can also only measure one property at a time for your $.85, whereas in Go iLawn you can measure as many properties as you can see for your $3 search.

Call the Go iLawn support team if you need help. A person will answer your phone call, live chat or email quickly if you contact them during business hours. If you contact them over the weekend they get back to you first thing Monday.
Old 02-01-2013, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

And best of all, you get to work with Alle! You need this to grow your business
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-02-2013, 12:28 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Measure map for IOS is free and does the same thing-download the app. I've tried GoIlawn three times and it wasn't user friendly enough and I ended up spending more money than was necessary. As for company, we don't plan on using GoIlawn again
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriCityLawnCareLLC View Post
Measure map for IOS is free and does the same thing-download the app. I've tried GoIlawn three times and it wasn't user friendly enough and I ended up spending more money than was necessary. As for company, we don't plan on using GoIlawn again
Posted via Mobile Device
As an update:

I still don't plan on using GoiLawn because the system we are using now works for us. BUT Alle, did contact me regarding my previous comment looking for feedback. I gave him my honest opinion and he seemed to have taken it to heart and much of what I mentioned. they (GoiLawn team) seem to be in the works of fixing. Bottom line, they are very involved with their product and want it to succeed.
Old 01-27-2014, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Old satellite images

I purchased 100 measurements from GoIlawn last year. When I purchased them, there was no expiration on using them. Several months later I received a notice saying there was now a one year window in which to use them before they went away. Personally, I think that is pretty crappy, and I feel like it is unethical to change terms after terms are agreed upon and payment has been made. Now for the gripe with the product itself. About half of the properties I have looked up have shown satellite imagery that is four and five years old. In a developing community, that translates into being given an image of a field, where an apartment complex has been constructed for over two years. I understand that they don't take new images every month, but two years? Come on, the free site, Findlotsize.com has updated imagery that I use when this happens, and rarely fails me. So shouldn't a paid site have the more up to date info? Also, the more up close "property views" that they use to promote their product, don't even exist in my area. (It's not like I live in BFE, we're talking about Little Rock AR) On a positive note, their systems and implementation of measurement tools is great. Much better than the free sites iv'e seen. But if there is no image to measure, that doesn't really amount to a hill of beans does it?!
Old 01-27-2014, 12:21 PM
LawnSite Member

2013 Go iLawn Imagery in Little Rock, AR

Danny thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about Go iLawn. I understand your frustration with our policy on imposing an expiration on Go iLawn search credits. We studied our customer base before making this decision, and one year of usage on a purchase was typical for the majority of our users. If you feel you need more time to use your searches, we would be happy to work with you and roll the expiration out. Please contact our office and speak with myself (Alle) or Chris.

As for the images you are viewing, I checked today and Little Rock, AR has 2013 high resolution photography at all levels (property, neighborhood and directionals). After a quick review of your search history, some properties you are looking at have these photos and some don't. This is probably because you are looking at some towns outside of Little Rock, which would have different photos than Little Rock itself.

Our coverage areas and what type of imagery we can provide typically depends on the county the property is located in. Counties get flown by our imagery provider for tax assessment at county request. A typical schedule is every 18 months to 2 years, however with the difficult economy we have seen some areas slow down their schedule. Counties also decide if they want just major metros flown, or major metros and surrounding areas. Unfortunately, these decisions are out of our hands. We purchased photos from a second provider to help areas that were outdated by our primary provider get newer images. These are the 'satellite' views you are looking at. These are also aerial photos as they were taken from a plane too, they are just not as high res as the other images, as you have encountered.

Fortunately, if a county does in fact get flown, we can show you the newest imagery when you search for your property. If you have any questions about the photos within Go iLawn, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Old 01-27-2014, 01:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannywilliams519 View Post
I purchased 100 measurements from GoIlawn last year. When I purchased them, there was no expiration on using them. Several months later I received a notice saying there was now a one year window in which to use them before they went away.
Be thankful you got notice. This is the first I've heard of this nonsense. I think we have 200 or so in our bucket. That's a shame Alle. Chris knows I'm disenfranchised with you all, this is just the final kick in the gut. Whose idea was it to implement a money grab like that? That's just stealing.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 01-27-2014, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efficiency View Post
Be thankful you got notice. This is the first I've heard of this nonsense. I think we have 200 or so in our bucket. That's a shame Alle. Chris knows I'm disenfranchised with you all, this is just the final kick in the gut. Whose idea was it to implement a money grab like that? That's just stealing.
Posted via Mobile Device
We notified all of our customers several times over several weeks, so you should've received notice. Our goal was definitely not to steal anything from anyone. As I mentioned to Danny, we studied our user base, and one year is typically how long it takes the majority of our customers to use the searches they purchased. If you feel that isn't enough time for you, let us know and we'll roll your expiration date on any searches you haven't used from a previous purchase.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:58 PM
LawnSite Member

Agreed...Measure Map is great. I started with the regular version and then got the pro. Just pay for the app and nothing else, you can do everything Goilawn does plus it's easier moving around on the map if you can't find the exact address...in other words, you will not get charged 2-3 times for skipping into other map areas. I was disappointed in Goilawn and the changes they've made since their start. The price increase per address got out of hand and then they stopped the pay as you go and gave guys no option except to pay for more than they may use by having to buy blocks of searches. I guess they only need to market to the big companies that pay the bills now and not the smaller guys who helped them get started. I emailed them last year about the pay as you go accounts that were getting cancelled...they were quick to respond, but only with a politically correct answer and really no explanation of why.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:03 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

So word on the street is that the owner of GIL (who sold groundmasters to brickman) is back in business. They are rumored to have taken the MVG account for snow this winter. Think there is a conflict of interest here with GIL (and ultimately groundmasters part 2) having access to all your measurements at their whim? If they can access your past measurements as it seems they might be able to, it would appear you are paying to measure for them. If I'm wrong Alle, please say so, but I don't think I am. All this comes from a reliable mutual contact.
Posted via Mobile Device